Modified Seated Wrist Rolling Exercise

Guest wells

Guest wells

Reverse 'Palms Down' Grip: this position is as if you were doing reverse wrist curls. While seated with the bottoms of the forearms on your upper thighs, wrists/hands extending past the knees, roll up the wrist roller with palms facing down. Roll up one side and down... then up the other side and down... (one rep). Rolling until failure.

Rest 1-2 minutes.

'Palms Up' Grip: seated with tops of forearms resting on the upper thigh area with wrists extending past the knees. Hold the wrist roller as you would a barbell for wrist curls; palms facing up. Now instead of curling, roll the rope and weight up. Roll up one side and down... then up the other side and down... (one rep). Rolling until failure. You'll find it very difficult :cry to roll up the one side (rolling away from your body) than the other side (rolling toward your body).

Finished.

Please let me know your results... weight used, # of reps, any pain? What do you think? I think it is a good mix of wrist curling and wrist rolling.

I was able to pull off a 30 lbs. set for 4 reps 'Palms Down', 1 minute rest, and 3 reps 'Palms Up' with strict technique. Those 'Palms Up' rolls away from the body are hell! :devil

Wells,

I tried some palm up wrist rolling a while a go, haven't tried any supported as you have suggested. I might give them a try after I make a roller with a shorter line on it!!!

Jon@han