Custom Cast Idea For York Blob...?....

wojo

I'm sure other people must've had this idea before, but why doesn't anyone with an original York Blob hook up with a gripster somewhere who has some skills to make some type of "cast" of the blob which can then be used to make hollow shells in the exact shape of the blob (made of steel?) with an eye hook/s at the bottom and side to work in conjunction with a loading pin. Another idea would be to use the cast to make concrete blob replicas with an eye hook/s...(not sure what concrete of that dimension would weigh exactly)....

It seems to be a great product idea that I'm sure somebody could figure out a way to profit from. It seems that original blobs are hard to come by and this could be a cool training tool to have....just an idea....

FBBC makes a blob like device that you can adjust for difficulty and add weight.

Stronger Grip makes a blob like one that is solid and can be attached to weight.

David Horne is working on a Griptopz Blob for possible sale and use in the 2012 WSHs.

GordonV here on the GB makes them as the blob50. He may be out now but he makes them once and a while.

I'm sure other people must've had this idea before, but why doesn't anyone with an original York Blob hook up with a gripster somewhere who has some skills to make some type of "cast" of the blob which can then be used to make hollow shells in the exact shape of the blob (made of steel?) with an eye hook/s at the bottom and side to work in conjunction with a loading pin. Another idea would be to use the cast to make concrete blob replicas with an eye hook/s...(not sure what concrete of that dimension would weigh exactly)....

It seems to be a great product idea that I'm sure somebody could figure out a way to profit from. It seems that original blobs are hard to come by and this could be a cool training tool to have....just an idea....

GordonV already made copies of the York blob and sold them aka the Blob50. They are the same as a second gen York blob. In fact, some Yorks are markedly easier than the Blob50s because they have been around awhile and have quite a bit of texture. The blob snobs will cry and whine about them not being Yorks but none of their arguments are based on logic. The funny thing is I believe Gordon only made 2-3 hundred so they are MUCH rarer than a York blob.

• Like 1

I made a cement blob. The pic is in my gallery and its weight as well.

Parris

Parris

Wow...awesome job on all your homemade stuff!

Parris

Wow...awesome job on all your homemade stuff!

Thanks John