Interesting Version Of 2hp

Malice

Front load from hell right there.

I LOVE it when someone thinks outside the box like this!

This way you only need a loading pin and a collar.

I like!!!

You could have the weight symmetrical with just a loading pin and collar.

It is a lot of weight, but we should not compare these lifts to what people here have done in competition. I think this setup makes the lift easier. The front edge of the large plates moves forward, pushing into the fingers which has to help. The back edge of the plates tilt and push into your thumbs which also helps.

We should have someone really good at 2HP work up to near a max with a standard and proper set up where the plates are symmetrical and you have to lift vertically, then try this and see what they can do. I would put money on them being able to lift more this way.

You could have the weight symmetrical with just a loading pin and collar.

It is a lot of weight, but we should not compare these lifts to what people here have done in competition. I think this setup makes the lift easier. The front edge of the large plates moves forward, pushing into the fingers which has to help. The back edge of the plates tilt and push into your thumbs which also helps.

We should have someone really good at 2HP work up to near a max with a standard and proper set up where the plates are symmetrical and you have to lift vertically, then try this and see what they can do. I would put money on them being able to lift more this way.

I know it's a different lift and nobody is comparing it to anything. That's why it's titled as an interesting version of the 2hp.

This is how (massive front loading) one of the longtime USAWA members does his 2-hand and 1-hand pinching. I recently saw photos of his lifts that appeared to be maybe 20 years old.

I still want to give this a shot. I've backloaded the thumb side a few times but never the finger side.

I've done both heavy front and back loads in training and have written about it several times - it was interesting but didn't lead me to any gains on the actual event. I got better event results with very moderate offset loading. Your mileage may vary of course.

I've done both heavy front and back loads in training and have written about it several times - it was interesting but didn't lead me to any gains on the actual event. I got better event results with very moderate offset loading. Your mileage may vary of course.

When I've backloaded the thumbs it was only with between 2.5-5 lbs. but I haven't done it enough to determine how effective it's going to be yet. It seems to hit my thumbs a little more though...