Where To Buy A 20mm Block

steve0

I am looking for a 20mm block to use to set my grippers. Where are you guys buying them. I know that David Horne sells them but I am looking for one that costs less to ship.

you may have to make one then

It looks like david's block is 7 pounds sterling total shipped to the US which about $11.50 American.

My first one was a piece of wood cut on a table saw. Took like 3 minutes to make. If you know someone with a table saw, all you have to do is get the measurements to them and they can make it happen real quick.

The end of a gripper handle is about 20mm

A penny is 19mm wide, a nickel 21mm. You could tape some together to make a block, or maybe get a roll of coins from the bank?

Or buy a piece of PVC with an outside diameter of 26mm. Then you can cut it as long as you want.

The proper aluminum stock can't be too hard to find (can it?)

That's a good idea to use a gripper handle.

I've also used my own thumb. :tongue

What I would do is to take an expired credit card, and cut it to 20mm, length-wise. You now have TWO credit cards for training: a 20mm competition card, and a 1.4 inch wide credit card that would be the standard closest implement available to what I call an HGS (HubGeezer Set). My workout journals carry three designations after gripper reps: Choker, HGS, or CCS.

AND, the training with these fine tools is an excellent way of working on the hardest part of the CCS, which is getting used to putting in an object with the non-gripping hand in between the gripper handles.

Am I serious? Yes. I am smiling as I write this? Yes. Am I making fun of anyone? Nope.

20mm = .787"

a 1" board measures .75" (doesn't make any sense I know but that's how it works. I just cut a piece about 3" long but cut mine so the other direction is actually .787 or as close as you can make a piece of wood. So mine is .75 x .787 x 3". The wood was scrap and all I had in it was a few minutes time. You could easily make one from steel just about as easy.

Edited by climber511

20mm = .787"

a 1" board measures .75" (doesn't make any sense I know but that's how it works. I just cut a piece about 3" long but cut mine so the other direction is actually .787 or as close as you can make a piece of wood. So mine is .75 x .787 x 3". The wood was scrap and all I had in it was a few minutes time. You could easily make one from steel just about as easy.

if one side is 20mm what is the other width. 30mm?

I found some scrap solid alum. 3/4'" X 1" and cut Rindo and I each a chunk. Should be able to find hollow stuff at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

It looks like david's block is 7 pounds sterling total shipped to the US which about $11.50 American.

At this price I ordered one. Thanks for all of the help!

I ordered one myself, I was off a few cents though!! $11.78 total shipped.

The COC Key which is 19mm wide is $13.93 shipped, I would say David is the better choice!

My set block arrived today, England to MA USA in 6 days from time of order and under $12! :mosher

My set block arrived today, England to MA USA in 6 days from time of order and under $12! :mosher

An RB handle is 20mm a CoC is 19mm.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a 20mm block from World of Grip. Looking forward to getting that and ditching the other crappy training tool I've been using occasionally.

I just ordered a 20mm block from World of Grip. Looking forward to getting that and ditching the other crappy training tool I've been using occasionally.

Even though 20mm is 20mm no matter what kind of block you use, David's price is buyer friendly! I'm lurking in the bush for the Grip Topz to be in stock!