Credit Card Close Coc#3

khfm865

Wow that was a solid CCS close, you have arrived at a place that few do. CONGRATS my friend!

Looks good, nice work.

It is amazing how much tougher ccs is compared with mm set. Although I am a firm believer, contrary to iron mind philosophy, that there is no need to train ccs. I reckon getting mm set on tougher grippers is the way to go. What do you guys think?

I would think so! Congratulations bro! What was your workout routine like?

Hi Geralt,

I did kta for 3 weeks about 2 months back. This is all my hand cud hake b4 tendinitis kicked in, however it was enough to take me to mms coc3. I then took a lay off to heal that and subsequently trained with just heavy singles every other day. No fancy stuff - just regular old mm set heavy singles.

I have now added in high rep work, rolling thunder, and wrist curls. Contrary to what many might think, this assistance has helped. It has brought up the rest of my forearm to my crushing strength. My wrists are stronger now and I think this has helped minimise injury from the bigger grippers.

Cheers

I believe training MMS is the best way to progress, even for CCS. My CCS is normally half a gripper less than my MMS, and I think most are close to that. Once you MMS a 3.5, a 3 CCS should be right there. You have a routine that works. Keep at it. :mosher

Strong close! Congrats!

For the guys I've helped get ready for their COC cert - I have always had them do some specific CCS work to make sure they are prepared for the cert properly. I trained 2 guys who were not able to CCS even an easy #3 after MMS closing a low-160s #3.5. They had to do quite a bit of specialized CCS work before becoming strong enough to certify.

Hi Geralt,

I did kta for 3 weeks about 2 months back. This is all my hand cud hake b4 tendinitis kicked in, however it was enough to take me to mms coc3. I then took a lay off to heal that and subsequently trained with just heavy singles every other day. No fancy stuff - just regular old mm set heavy singles.

I have now added in high rep work, rolling thunder, and wrist curls. Contrary to what many might think, this assistance has helped. It has brought up the rest of my forearm to my crushing strength. My wrists are stronger now and I think this has helped minimise injury from the bigger grippers.

Cheers

Thnx. I'm facing some regression instead of progression lately. So..i'm going on vacation next week so that's a nice periode to take a complete rest and heal up...get stronger...and start with a new strategy!

Hi Geralt,

Cheers

Thnx. I'm facing some regression instead of progression lately. So..i'm going on vacation next week so that's a nice periode to take a complete rest and heal up...get stronger...and start with a new strategy!

PM me if you want me to take a look at your training. Regression sounds like you are burnt out - good holiday should sort it.

For the guys I've helped get ready for their COC cert - I have always had them do some specific CCS work to make sure they are prepared for the cert properly. I trained 2 guys who were not able to CCS even an easy #3 after MMS closing a low-160s #3.5. They had to do quite a bit of specialized CCS work before becoming strong enough to certify.

Hi Ben,

That is interesting indeed. I have not worked the ccs at all. Just now and again to ascertain where I am. Mind you, I have this feeling and I could be completely wrong, that the isometric force required to pull the rolling thunder in the open hand position might assist in that starting power. I am experimenting with it at the moment.

Hi Geralt,

Cheers

PM me if you want me to take a look at your training. Regression sounds like you are burnt out - good holiday should sort it.

PM sent.