What Is A Blob 2 Finger Lift?

daniel reinard

Does it only matter how many fingers are on the side of the blob, not the top? Or do all usused fingers need to be tucked? Basically what's a legal lift?

A Two Finger Lift is when you lift it with the thumb and two fingers. Default version is index and middle. Then you have last two and middle ring as to other variations.

The ones on top are not counted, only the ones draped over the side.

A Two Finger Lift is when you lift it with the thumb and two fingers. Default version is index and middle. Then you have last two and middle ring as to other variations.

The ones on top are not counted, only the ones draped over the side.

Clear as day. Thanks Jedd.

At the time when I was doing my best blob snatches I was able to get the York Blob deadlift with the thumb and each "single"(one) other finger except the thumb and pinky. It does take some effort to place the thumb and each single finger to be tested so as the other fingers are CLEAR and NOT helping! I can say if anyone can cleanly get the York Blob with only the thumb and pinky would be a a truly fantastic feat. I would love to see that one done...........................!Pass the word! Jedd, Tex Rich, Wade,Chad? thanks,RS

Richard,

If you said that 5 years ago, people would have thought you were drinking American Honey while posting.

However, I think, that someone will eventually do this.

That'd be a sick feat right there! I wonder who can pull it off first. It's only a matter of time, especially the way people are pushing the limits of what you can do with a blob.

I think within the group I mentioned there might be the man.... I think as far as impressive it would "trump' most any grip feat. The kicker would be the amount of work and dedication to that feat would be just who does it first.A display of 4 consecutive thumb and each(different in order) finger lifts done perhaps followed by a two finger snatch might be the makings of a good "stage" act.Heck,"you want Everest" throw in done on the first, original #1 Fatman Blob. I don't think it will be done instantly or easily by anyone other than a giant. Speaking of giants and American Honey....Jedd... a bewildered Rich said your hands a quite a bit longer than his? True? He indicated 1/2 to 3/4" longer. Was the man drinkin' the Honey? RS

It's gonna take a serious set of mitts to get some friction with just a thumb and pinky. And as you said it will take lots of specific training. It's an unusual pinch no doubt.

I didn't try the pinky lift today, (probably should have in hindsight for fun attempts), but I did do mock grips on it. I got side tracked and went for reverse and face lifts instead right after this. For some reason it's quite awkward to keep the other three fingers on the top of the blob. Tucking didn't seem to be an option. And the most comfortable hold was thumb on the reverse side. :yikes I wonder if others would agree, particularly the big boys who have a shot at this.

I think within the group I mentioned there might be the man.... I think as far as impressive it would "trump' most any grip feat. The kicker would be the amount of work and dedication to that feat would be just who does it first.A display of 4 consecutive thumb and each(different in order) finger lifts done perhaps followed by a two finger snatch might be the makings of a good "stage" act.Heck,"you want Everest" throw in done on the first, original #1 Fatman Blob. I don't think it will be done instantly or easily by anyone other than a giant. Speaking of giants and American Honey....Jedd... a bewildered Rich said your hands a quite a bit longer than his? True? He indicated 1/2 to 3/4" longer. Was the man drinkin' the Honey? RS

I had a bit of length on him. I think he might have done the trick for vertical leap where you retract your shoulder when doing the baseline reach. Somehow he figured out how to retract his fingers back into the first socket. We tested right hands. My left hand is even larger. I thought we got pictures, but either the camera didn't work, or I am losing it.

It's gonna take a serious set of mitts to get some friction with just a thumb and pinky. And as you said it will take lots of specific training. It's an unusual pinch no doubt.

Hmmmm! We might have to bring Sampsons back to life then.