Grade 9 From Mcmaster

Jedd Johnson

I am looking for stuff for the medley at Nationals and I saw these. I have not been on the McMaster site in years and don;t remember ever seeing these.

Anyone bent these and are they tougher than Grade 8's?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-head-cap-screws/=d2b1li

Jedd

Nevermind - they are only like 2 inches long...

I've bent a ton of 6" grade 9s. Also bent an F-911, which was slightly harder.

Depending on the brand, the grade 9s are 10% - 15% harder to kink than a Grade 8 and they are much harder to crush because they are probably twice as springy. You can get them from Fastenal.

Are the bends in the medley going to be reverse in IMPs? If so, I don't think anyone will get one. A grade 9 will be bit harder than a red. A G8, depending on the brand is a little less than the kink on a red, but not a ton.

Bends in the medley will be Reverse Style in IMP's.

60D in one IMP, Grade 5's 2 IMP's no rubber bands. Grade 8's, 2 IMP's with rubber bands.

Jedd

Can we wrap our own? There is a way to wrap with IMPs to keep them fairly tight without rubber bands. I'll be happy to wrap everyone's G5s for $5 a piece. :inno

I don't want any excuses on the wraps. Either we all wrap our own or the same person wraps all of them. Either way, I don't care.

I'm good either way. By the way, I forgot ATG was going to be there. He would have a shot at a G9 reverse in IMPs.

Not when I spray mace in his eyes.

Not when I spray mace in his eyes.

True, that could put a crimp in his abilities.

I'm predicting ATG's response will be "Not mace sweetheart, pepperspray, sold to civilians, once you get used to it, it just clears the sinuses."

I'm predicting ATG's response will be "Not mace sweetheart, pepperspray, sold to civilians, once you get used to it, it just clears the sinuses."

jad, I see you are a fan of Under Siege II Dark Territory? I have no idea who ATG is, but Jedd's comment made me laugh.

ATG= Adam T Glass. And yes, I'm a fan of pretty much anything Seagal, especially now since he's teaching Anderson Silva how to front kick. :laugh

Edited by jad

As bolts get stronger they also get more brittle. Is there a problem with these bolts snaping?

As bolts get stronger they also get more brittle. Is there a problem with these bolts snaping?

They can snap if you bend them DO or Modified DU whilst keeping the wraps way out on the very ends of the bolt. What happens then is that all the force is not only pushed, but also pivoted over the threads and that causes the threads to sometimes snap.

But this is a non issue if you are bending reverse in Ironmind pads. The wraps will be so far up on the bolt so the threads won't get pivoted, and they won't snap

BTW unless Adam is allergic to G9 bolts, he won't have any problems with one regardless of how much mace is sprayed in his eyes

I'm actually kind of pissed that it was not inferred that I could melt grade 9's easily. You are all getting peppered at Nats.

I definitely assumed you can bend a Grade 9 Jedd. That's going to be nasty reverse in Ironmind pads!

Jedd must have been getting lessons from Dave Lemonchick. :yikes

Between Jedd's Mace and my Teflon spray - it appears numbers may be down on Saturday :upsidedwn

Yes, I take after the Long Island Lemonhead.

4 minutes.

I'm actually kind of pissed that it was not inferred that I could melt grade 9's easily. You are all getting peppered at Nats.

I can totally picture you bending the Grade 9 followed by you choke slamming everybody else in the room :laugh

Perhaps that should be part of the medley as well? :laugh