Blind Coc?

Jonathan McMillan

Don't know why I thought about it, seems there'd be good reason for potential for one. The whole nervous system connection to the hands should be developed more in the blind so could they create more contractile force then???

Jon@han

Not exactly your question- but an interesting story- Brady Baskin-Whit Baskins (WSM competitor)younger brother trained a blind person to compete in a strongman contest a few years ago.

I am sorry I do not remember the athletes name.

An incredible accomplishment.

"Why should the nervous system of a blind individual be more conducive to contractile force?"

Well because of the mind body connection to the hands should be better in a blind person as tactile sensations there are a more important part of communicating with the world then someone who can see. So that leads to my question does this lead to an ability to control the contractile force in their hands better ??

Jon@han

This is comic book stuff. I have a good friend who is blind due to a very unfortunate accident. He has not been endowed with any heightened sensory development in touch, taste, smell or hearing. He has learned to pay more attention to his surroundings by doing things like remembering how many steps he has walked into a room before sitting, listening attentively to conversations, etc. There has been no supercompensatory development of hand strength to offset his lack of vision.

For your theory to be valid regarding sensory deprivation and supercompensation there should also then be a compensatory effect for deaf and mute individuals as well. :(