Gripper Between #3 And #3.5

Geralt

He champs, what gripper would you guys recommend as a let´s say 3.2 gripper?

To work effectively on my MM set in mastering the #3 CCS, I´m looking for a gripper just above #3, the #3.5 is just a bit to heavy, and only doing negatives

takes a bit to much of my recovery. I have a Vulcan, but I´m struggling to find the best setting, which is a bit hard, the feeling/carryover is somewhat different.

Would a MM1 replica be an idea?

Atomgripz Quad bands are consistently in the 160s.

Another good choice would be an MM2 replica. (BBE at 3/16" mount).

MM2 replica should be between them, a 330N should work too if you are just wanting to work the bottom end I really like my 330N.

I went BB elite (slightly harder than MM2) when getting something between those two. For me it was a proper choice.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Guess the MM2 will be the next choice than...

Reached a plateau and need a change...

My MM1 rated at 159 and my MM2 at 164. If you want just above a #3, the MM1 is what you want. I just got a quad band and it's a beast compared the the MM grippers I mentioned.

Matt, are you still rating grippers?

I'd do the Atomgripz Quad Band - but not the narrow Quad Band. Get the wider ones because they can hit 3" and that will help you a lot on the set.

I'd recommend a quad band. My BBE is actually rates 178 rgc which is harder than my 3.5.

Thanks guys, but I got a PM from Hubgeezer.. He has an interesting MM2 offer. Think I'm going for that one...

It should fit my wishes very good.

Problem is around here in Europe, that there's not a lot of opportunity here for trading or lending to see what gripper feels right.

PS Also the quad band option sounds good...totally no experience with those gripper. See mentioned above. Only experience I have are the IM's and my Vulcan. Oh and some crappy sportsstore grippers but somehow I have this feeling that those plastic ones aren't going to get the job done in closing my #3 CCS :laugh

Edited by Geralt

Hi Geralt,

I have the quadband and the mm2 too. My quad feels slightly easier than my 3, but that's certainly because of the knurling. I have the sharp knurled one, and that makes a big difference, it sticks like glue to the hand. My mirror finish quad for example, feels absolutely impossible to close!

The mm2 feels somewhere in between my 3 and 3.5, knurling is also comparable.

My RB300 feels also in that region, but it's more to the 3.5 than in between.

You're welcome to test them when you're in the neighbourhood!

Cheers,

RT.

Problem is around here in Europe, that there's not a lot of opportunity here for trading or lending to see what gripper feels right.

You need to make a friend named Twig.

Fellow lives in England somewhere and, as far as I know, has hundreds of grippers. :D

I'd do the Atomgripz Quad Band - but not the narrow Quad Band. Get the wider ones because they can hit 3" and that will help you a lot on the set.

Ben, you hit the nail on the head. It's the setting of the four band with that three inch spread that makes it more of a beast in comparison. Used it again fresh and handled it better; made me realize I've been neglecting that aspect while getting ready for the MM1. Geralt, definitely get an Atomgripz sometime, very nice grippers.

Thanks guys, I'll be certainly putting them on my wanted list!