Newbie Here. Need Some Advice!

Bright508620

Hey guys. My name is Casey and ive been doing Captains of Crush since late January of this year. I started off crushing the #1 for around 3-4 times. I can now close the #2 pretty good. I have done the 2.5 before but it seems like the last bit of it is getting the most of me. And it seems like no matter how hard i work (negative work, overcrushes, mini reps with the 1 to bust the plateau), not only am i stuck at the end, but im stuck throughout the whole movement.

Its almost like my body is telling me that they are set with the grip that i currently have. Now my ultimate goal is to close the 3.5 The 4 seems like crazy so ill wait until im 30-40 to get that one. lol. Right now im currently 18 years old. I would love to get the 3 by fall or winter..

So im thinking of buying maybe a TTK. to work on my thumb strength??

I would just like some advice on how to get there. How many days i should be training grip. And what i need to buy to get there. I currently train grip aprrox. twice a week and am always well rested. i weigh around 173

THANKS!

2 times a week is good.What helped me a lot on the last part of closing a gripper are the strapholds,doing straphols with a gripper that you can close,for example if you have left 2 or 3mm on the CoC 2,5 do strapholds with the no2.That s what helped me.For thumb i never used TTK,but you can do pinch lifts with plates,also helped me.Thumb and the thumb pad is very important when you close a gripper.Also do not overtrain and recover your hand until the next training,contrast baths worked well for me.Good luck!

Twice a week is good. Every 2 months I'd take a whole week off too. Like it was said, strap holds will help. Actually the more time you can spend near the close the better. That last couple mm can be tricky. I spend more fighting that last bit on every gripper than I do anywhere else on the close. For me filed grippers and long holds on them help me finish off that last bit. Unfortunately I keep filing my grippers as I move up but oh well, it's all about progression. Maybe file the #2 and do holds. Some say chokers work for them. It gives you the explosiveness to go straight to that click. Choke the 2.5 and as you are able to close it open it up bit by bit.

Good advise on the 1st 2 posts.

TT is a good tool worth the cost. It will really help for things like pinching and help build up the thumb pad so the grippers have a strong seat.

You can use spring clamps like THIS to squeeze your thumbs on like the TTK. You can buy a couple at different strengths and do negatives with the bigger ones.

You can use spring clamps like THIS to squeeze your thumbs on like the TTK. You can buy a couple at different strengths and do negatives with the bigger ones.

thanks bro.