• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• eduard23

• Shoggoth

• FrankD

Two 35's?

Any interest?

Doesn't seem like much interest for 2-35's.

I am saying no to any HG lists.

I'm also wondering about 16 and 20 pound sledge levering to the nose or forehead?

If we do sledge stuff, i am going to be a tight ass judge. PERIOD. If Brent and I are going to take the time to do this stuff it needs to be done right. And I wouldn't want a bunch of whining like some people have done when i can't tell if grippers are shut because of the bevels, but we can try it.

Jason, I am not saying you are a whiner, i am just trying to cut it off at the pass.

Would you be willing to try to shoot a good video of how the sledge lever should be done in your opinion?

Thanks.

Jedd

If we do sledge stuff, i am going to be a tight ass judge. PERIOD. If Brent and I are going to take the time to do this stuff it needs to be done right. And I wouldn't want a bunch of whining like some people have done when i can't tell if grippers are shut because of the bevels, but we can try it.

Jason, I am not saying you are a whiner, i am just trying to cut it off at the pass.

Would you be willing to try to shoot a good video of how the sledge lever should be done in your opinion?

Thanks.

Jedd

I concur. No point in having a list if standards aren't kept and the tighter they are the more meaningful the list.

Different variations of Goerners one and two hand deadlifts, eg one hand deadlift no straddle and middle fingers 2 hands.

Easy to judge.

Thick bar deads would be cool. Maybe start at 300 then 25 lb. jumps or something.

(2) 35's

Thick bar deads would be cool. Maybe start at 300 then 25 lb. jumps or something.

+1 Either a NPS 2 pipe (1.5" ID), 2" OD or an IM axle.

What about lifting a 50 lb whole hex dumbbell by the face on the smooth sides? A lot of gyms have these DBs so it would be one more thing people can train for without having to buy something special. Is this a noteworthy feat?

like THIS

I want to again thank Jedd and Brent for doing this! mosher.gif

Fat Bar stuff would be good to add, pretty easy to judge too. I would think the sledge stuff would be a nightmare for judges.

The Hex dumbell deadlift is rough on wrists, pretty easy to strain some stuff there.

I agree that the 2 35's should be added. Also, could we have a section for blockweight in addition to the 50lb Blob/Blob 50 and 1/2 of a hex 100? Such as lower amounts starting a certain weight leading up to the 50lbers and above. I know alot of people don't have blockweights and as Heath says above, lifting the actual dumbell in this fashion is tough on the wrists, but why not have one anyhow? It may spark some interest in trading implements with other board members. Just an idea.

What are we all wrist sensitive around here? How does lifting a block weight hurt your wrist? Keep your wrist strait build your thumb strenght and don't let your fingers hold all the weight. Your toes are what everyone should be worried about.

Rico

I agree that the 2 35's should be added. Also, could we have a section for blockweight in addition to the 50lb Blob/Blob 50 and 1/2 of a hex 100? Such as lower amounts starting a certain weight leading up to the 50lbers and above. I know alot of people don't have blockweights and as Heath says above, lifting the actual dumbell in this fashion is tough on the wrists, but why not have one anyhow? It may spark some interest in trading implements with other board members. Just an idea.

There is a list for hex block weights. Were you looking for lighter ones to be listed?

Fat Bar stuff would be good to add, pretty easy to judge too. I would think the sledge stuff would be a nightmare for judges.

The Hex dumbell deadlift is rough on wrists, pretty easy to strain some stuff there.

I never felt too much in my wrist. How are you deadlifting them?

I am thinking of adding the following...

Two 35's Pinch

5 5-kg Pinch

6 5-kg Pinch

Lighter Hex Heads 40+

Hex Head Dumbbell Lifts

Sledge Coin Deadlift

I didn't go back through the whole thread. Did I miss any? Let's add a whole bunch. Who cares. It doesn't take that long to add people. Let's do this!!!

I never felt too much in my wrist. How are you deadlifting them?

I am thinking of adding the following...

Two 35's Pinch

5 5-kg Pinch

6 5-kg Pinch

Lighter Hex Heads 40+

Hex Head Dumbbell Lifts

Sledge Coin Deadlift

I didn't go back through the whole thread. Did I miss any? Let's add a whole bunch. Who cares. It doesn't take that long to add people. Let's do this!!!