Arnold Classic

AnimalCage

It was a circus indeed! Same as last year, except this time I felt a whole lot more informed. I met Joe Roark for the second time. We sat together during the Medicine Ball Toss and Jill Mills' World Record Stone Lift. Oh, the people I met! Kim Wood: He was practically running out the door with John to go somewhere. Richard and Bert Sorin. Wade Gillingham. The blob had been stashed because of the excitement around the bench press event. There were people everywhere, including inside the individual exhibits, all cramming for a look at the stage. Anywhere there was a square foot of floor space. Jill Mills. Phil Pfister. I felt a slight negative attitude from Phil. It was probably the placement issue Rick Walker talked about. And the legend himself, Bill Kazmaier. What a crazy day. Wish I could've been there friday night. In case you haven't heard, Brad Gillingham ripped his right bicep in the medicine ball toss, and took himself out of the competition. Wade was certain he will recover enough to compete again this year. I wanted to meet Rick Walker, but I had only seen his picture a few times, and there were a thousand guys there with the same "look".

Last year, being new to the whole strength world, I didn't know anything or anybody. What a difference a year makes!

Pics can be viewed at:

People at the Arnold

Jill Mills World Record

Alan

I missed you and Roark. I was there for the strongman and for Jills lift-but the confusion and crowd was INSANE!! We had to fight to get close. We were just to the left of the stage (facing it).

You are right-I saw about 500 bald heads-but no tats like mine. There is always next year-and the AOBS dinner which I plan on attending and closing the BBE.

Rick Walker :rock

Speaking of strong women-guest lifter in Firday's WPO meet, Becca Swanson, squatted an amazing 744, bench pressed 374, and deadlifted 617.

Jill has some competiton? What an amazing women!

Rick Walker :rock

I am so pumped now. I can understand what you said in your thread about being motivated. I haven't been able to gain any ground on the #3, but I can see, in my mind, a lot of progress in the next few months. Maybe I'll pull antoher Greg D'Eramo!

The pic of me with Richard and Bert was taken on the left side of the stage, right where the front left entrance to the seats was. Joe and I were sitting directly in front of (almost under) the camera near the back of the seats on the right side of the middle aisle.

For those who do not know Alan, he is a soft spoken,

pleasant man who is planning to move in the next few

months, which I hope does not mean he will be absent

from the Arnold next year. He had his son sit on his lap and gave me the seat his son was in.

I tried to reciprocate by offering my lap to a fitness woman, but she apparently misunderstood and thought I had said, "Would you like to slap my face?". :D

Rick, sorry I missed you, but congrats on the certification!

The guy's excitement behind Jill's stone lift in those pics is awesome. I love to see that kind of thing!

BC.

Thanks for the pics and the report 'Animal cage'.

Cool :cool pic of you and Jill and Phil.

Have to say it though..What the hell happened to Kaz?

Or are you that big?

The report on Xtreme strongman website said the medicine ball throw wasn't popular with the crowd...what did you guys think?

Did sound like a dud?if you're going to throw something heavy throw something knarly?a tranny,a keg,a boulder,a lawn mower......a politician.......... :tongue

Any throwing event at the Arnold will be limited because:

The object is falling onto a wooden stage

The crowd is close, and therefore in danger

I do agree the med ball throw was a dud. As I recall, the med ball was announced as 100 lbs, then 70, and ended

up at 50 lbs.

Kaz is small? :blink:blink

The man was a friggin' mountain when I met him at the AOBS!! That must of been the "Kaz double" standing in.... probably Roark in a padded suit taking cheesy photos for fans thinking it was the "real" Kaz!! :laugh:laugh

Kaz appeared smaller this year- particularly his forearms.

I keep my padded suit in my padded cell.

Wonder what part of his training changed so that he

became smaller?

Wonder what part of his training changed so that he

became smaller?

Training? Training?

:tongue

Nice pics Alan !

He may have fallen off his cycle if you catch my drift.

C'mon it's not so easy to ride a cycle with syringes stuck in the butt cheeks... :tongue

Bah! I don't care: The Kaz will always be number one in my book !!

Guest wells

Size... Size... Size... You guys must be crazy!

Kaz is still strong as a bull. Leaner not meaner.

SO he lost some weight. Probably lost some fat and water as he is training for more strength endurance.

Alan,

Is Bob or Alex wearing the red hooded

outfit in the photo with Jill? How tall is

he, and where on his body does a vertical

measurement of 42-44" stop?

This is how high Jill says she lifted the 300 lb

stone and I am trying to get a perspective. Thanks.

I want to see Steve Coggins 1100 pound squat! and or a full Arnold Strength report - any ideas?

Those tires are off a Hummer, which are about 12.5 inches wide at the foot print. If you add an inch on each side for the sidewall bulge, the make-shift platform is about 43.5 inches.

Wade