I Can't Believe This!

silverbackgrip

I was told a week ago by Wannagrip to stop cursing on the forum and stop posting the training videos of me cursing. I apologized immediately and did what I was told. Then today I get a message saying I can't have my website as my signature because I curse in the videos posted on MY site! I'm sorry, but its not like i'm saying racist or homophobic remarks in my vids, i'm just cussin about grip training. Maybe I find Wannagrip's view of cursing odd because of my days in the Navy (mouth of a sailor).... but Wannagrip is the main guy here @ Gripboard, so I will abide by his rules. Can anyone tell me how to add a bleep sound over my voice in video editing? thx

And please don't tell me "just stop cursing in your videos"....i'm not going to change who I am just to please some guys who find cussin offensive.

Edited by Euclides

I find Wannagrip has for the almost decade I've been coming here runs a very classy board compared to the trash I've found elsewhere. Sometimes to do this it takes a heavy hand to some, less so to others. There is nothing personal in his stand I am sure. It's his board, and it's a great one in part because of the standards he has kept....it will be better with you a part of it than out of it. Glad you are willing to stick around.

It is offensive to some but the gripboard has always tried to be family friendly. Most computers have windows movie maker, just run the video through there and find a random sound off the net or make one with sound recorder and put it over the part where you curse.

It s nothing personal man,but here on gripboard you saw and you will see that it s more like a team with decent and strong athletes,grip experts,and wannagrip wants everything to be ok and decent.Nothing unbelievable in what he said to you,he is right! :calm

The No cursing rule has been enforced here forever. The "why" its a rule is also well known. So you have 2 options, either abide by the rules or don't. If you consistently don't abide by the no-cursing rule then you could either stop posting videos here or just go somewhere else. It really is that simple.

- Aaron

I find Wannagrip has for the almost decade I've been coming here runs a very classy board compared to the trash I've found elsewhere. Sometimes to do this it takes a heavy hand to some, less so to others. There is nothing personal in his stand I am sure. It's his board, and it's a great one in part because of the standards he has kept....it will be better with you a part of it than out of it. Glad you are willing to stick around.

Nicely put, Weldon. I too applaud both Bill, for keeping it friendly and welcoming here to as many as possible, and those, like Euclides, who are willing to respect and support that effort while using the board.

Acorn pretty much nailed it.

It's not a matter of finding it offensive, I can cuss with the best of them and Bill can as well, but I keep it off the board because it is not needed.

Bill tries to keep the board family friendly.

I have a 10 year old grandson. He likes to bend a little steel and lift some weights and read about his grandpa of the forums now and then. I apply "the grandson test" to the boards I allow him to read. The GripBaord is one that I let him read about his grandfather on.

Oh I was a SeaBee and can cuss with the best of them. Just not here.

You also jumped the gun here. I said you'd have to remove your link IF you continued to use profanity in your videos. I also asked you once previously and you said OK. I'd like to point out for the record that I asked politely as well and stated the reason why we wanted to keep things clean from that respective. :)

Thanks guys for the support as well in your posts. We want parents to be comfortable with having their children visit the gripboard without worrying about things like profanity, etc. Plus, we have to respect others who may be offended as well.

Thanks everyone! mosher.gif

Oh, you can get sound files that have the "blooper beep". Do a google search for blooper sound file and you'll find some.

You also jumped the gun here. I said you'd have to remove your link IF you continued to use profanity in your videos. I also asked you once previously and you said OK. I'd like to point out for the record that I asked politely as well and stated the reason why we wanted to keep things clean from that respective. :)

Thanks guys for the support as well in your posts. We want parents to be comfortable with having their children visit the gripboard without worrying about things like profanity, etc. Plus, we have to respect others who may be offended as well.

Thanks everyone! mosher.gif

My bad. I read your private "don't cuss" message when I had 8 scoops of Jack3d in my system...lol

and I just figured out how to bleep over my vids....so the next "Grip Glory Training Video" will be "family safe"

If you're into arm wrestling go over and join the North East Board

and you'll SOON appreciate the rules in place here.

You can also use the function on YouTube where you put a soundtrack over what you have said. Then you can just use text to describe what went on in the video. Not ideal of course, but I've done that a few times when I realized that I had a slew of profanity in the occasional video.

Not trying to be a dick bro, but if you are going to "beep" out the profanities from your videos, you may be better off just having a beep sound starting from beginning to the end of the video.

I love to throw down some indescent language, but sometimes exercising self-control is in order!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the guy has already quit-he hasn't posted on his website in 2 weeks. It was funny while it lasted

Weird, he must've already CCS closed the #4 then.

You see this stuff all the time. The gripper newb that wants to double ccs a coc #4 a month after closing a trainer "right out of the package", the newb bender that wants to barehand bend an red nail a week after bending a clothes hanger In a hydraulic press, the one who thinks he will snatch an inch dumbbell two weeks after lifting a 10# blob with two hands, etc

Welcome to the "microwave society", those that want everything "right now".

I think the guy has already quit-he hasn't posted on his website in 2 weeks. It was funny while it lasted

I figured he hasn't been posting his workouts because he was doing KTA. He said he wanted to get it. I could be wrong.

I figured he hasn't been posting his workouts because he was doing KTA. He said he wanted to get it. I could be wrong.

I figured it was the 8 scoops of jack3d, maybe that junk gave him a heart attack. People seriously hurt themselves on those energy overdoses.

Energy overdoses are very dangerous.The body should not be pushed to a limit with overdoses and junks.Closing big grippers come from training,pain and again a lot of training.No jack3d or anything else will close a gripper.Time,mind, training and patience is the key in my opinion and for some grippers like the no4 CoC good genetics also.

and for some grippers like the no4 CoC good genetics also.

For the #4 i'd say you need at least two scoops of good genetics. Wait, make that 4 scoops (cause i'm a baller).

Seriously the guy seems nice and definitely 'looks' strong. I just don't know why he feels this early need for publicity.

I even wondered at some point if the whole thing was not some twisted PR stuff for Jack3d (paranoïd hehe?).

For the #4 i'd say you need at least two scoops of good genetics. Wait, make that 4 scoops (cause i'm a baller).

:D

I even wondered at some point if the whole thing was not some twisted PR stuff for Jack3d (paranoïd hehe?).

...interesting thought.

...interesting thought.

His youtube channel has over 3000 subscribers. The 3 videos he has all have over 50+ comments praising him. Really strange to have that much attention in such a short time for the content.