16 Yr Old Closes A 3 At The Arnold?

Bill Piche

Nice guy Randy Strossen set out a couple of Ironmind grippers, the #3 and #4. Very few could close the #3, but one who did was a 16 year old kid that walked up and closed it like it was no big deal. We all just about fell over when he did.

He was a 116lb geek with thick glasses and 4 in wrists.

:yikes:yikes

Here's the catch though: Heath Sexton's little brother. ;)

:stuart :stuart

WOW!!! :bow I tried that gripper-it felt like it had no knurling at all. I bet 1000s of hands grabbed that thing-the oil on it was incredible.

It denied me :blush:blush

Rick Walker :rock

who is this 16 year old wonder kid? ....fantastic feat of strength for such a young age :rock

I guess with Strossen there? he IS certified?

Hopefully his name will show up in Milo soon.

There is always someone out there..full of suprises -but WOW!at 16 on a sweaty gripper and without chalk..that takes the cake.

I wonder how many 16 year olds we'd find if we actually sent out the grippers to every highschool in the country?

Ya gotta figure there was 'only' X amount of people at the Arnold(very few compared to the general population of the country),and very few of them(at the Arnold) were only 16.......scarey thought?theres,probably, a lot more of em out there.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

From Phil Phister about Brookfield:

The GREAT JOHN BROOKFIELD........What can I possibly say? OTHERWORLDLY STRENGTH. INHUMAN. Yet so quiet, meek, humble and down to earth. I often say Kaz and John are just simply not from this world. Kaz once said, "I was strong, BUT JOHN IS STRONG." Jouko said, "No one can do those things that MR HANDS does, only him," and "I could never take him to Finland for an exhibition, he is the real world's strongest man, he would make me look like a clown." Uncle Johny you are in a very lonely place when it comes to your strength. Few of us can even begin to comprehend your superhuman abilities. Fewer still, appreciate the impossibly difficult nature of the feats of strength that are simple child's play to you. For the rest of us puny humans I thank you for truly being the 100% real and genuine article. Thanks for going where none of us would dare imagine. You are maybe my biggest hero.