Us Competition 2" Vertical Bar Top 20 List

bencrush

Here's what I have so far. The asterisk means that calibrated weights were used in that contest. If anyone has corrections to these numbers - or regarding whether a contest had calibrated plates - please let me know either by e-mail or in this thread. The weights might've been calibrated at the So-Cal Grip Meltdown...if so, just let me know.

I went through all the United States grip contest results I could find. I have undoubtedly missed something - or a few things. That's where everyone's help comes into play. If you know of any performances that should be on this list it'll help me out if you send the link to the contest results and of course the general info like name, weight lifted, whether the plates were calibrated, etc.

1) 335* - Adam Glass - Movement Minneapolis Grip Decathlon (2011)

2) 303* - Andrew Durniat - Michigan Grip Championships 7 (2009)

3) 301 - Ben Edwards - KC Qualifier II (2011)

4) 295* - Dave Thornton - Michigan Grip Championships 7 (2009)

5) 290* - Aaron Corcorran - Arizona Cactus Grip Shootout 3 (2010)

Chad Woodall - Backyard Bastard Bash 3 (2007)

6) 280* - Brent Barbe - Lift at Jedd's (2009)

*Matt Brouse - Michigan Grip Championships 7 (2009)

7) 277 - Odd Haugen - So-Cal Grip Meltdown (2010)

8) 275 - Josh Dale - Mo Town Grip Down (2009)

*Jedd Johnson - Lift at Jedd's (2009)

*Tim Struse - Arizona Cactus Grip Shootout 4 (2011)

9) 270 - Ryan Klein - Backyard Bastard Bash (2007)

10) 255* - Ryan Pitts - Movement Minneapolis Grip Decathlon (2011)

*Stew Rosendaul - Michigan Grip Championships 6 (2008)

11) 250* - Paul Knight - Arizona Cactus Grip Shootout 4 (2011)

Ah, the Metroflex this year had a 275lb 2" vbar in the medley. I know Adam lifted it (of course, lol) but did anyone else who isn't on the list? Paul, did you lift it? I'm too brain-drained to try to find your medley vid right now man...

Ben,

My son, Cody Musselwhite lifted the 275, 2" V-bar at the Metroflex that was

in the Medley.

Ben,

My son, Cody Musselwhite lifted the 275, 2" V-bar at the Metroflex that was

in the Medley.

Fantastic! And that's after the other events too. Man, very strong. I'll add that. Thanks for the update Joe.

Forgot that I lost the ability to edit my posts after a short period of time Joe. Will add it to my master list and ask a moderator to change it for me. Pinning this - when I get it more complete - would also be great.

Last year Tex Henderson pulled 305 in the grip contest on June 26th at the Sorinex Summer Strong. There were judges( known to Grip board and American Handstrength) , calibrated weights, more than 5 contestants (including Andrew who had the "record" at 301 at the time) This was the same meet Rich Williams did the 500.38 double overhand deadlift on the Ironmind axle. Thanks, RS

I did the 275lb V-Bar at Metroflex. That was my first time ever trying VBar lift..

Can you use ANY 2" or does it have to be a certain one?

Edited by Ross Love

• 6 months later...

when was this started? I need to make another run at this. I've done mid 320's but hit 365 on a cheap lowe's vbar I made up until the bottom flange broke at the top with 365.

Adam I want my record back.

when was this started? I need to make another run at this. I've done mid 320's but hit 365 on a cheap lowe's vbar I made up until the bottom flange broke at the top with 365.

my best right now is 355.6 in training on my FBBC bar (on my youtube channel). On my loading pin you wouldn't believe me if I posted it. Are you coming to Metroflex? We can have a side V bar lifting comp after the medley.

my best right now is 355.6 in training on my FBBC bar (on my youtube channel). On my loading pin you wouldn't believe me if I posted it. Are you coming to Metroflex? We can have a side V bar lifting comp after the medley.

I'm always game my friend! Be good to see you again! If you don't come in anything but 100% then you'll be wishing you stayed home..

haha just kidding man. Looking forward to this good time!