Compiling A Competition 2" Vertical Bar Top 20 List

bencrush

I'm starting to compile a top 20 list of competition 2" vertical bar performances. The list is being done by name - not just by the poundage. For example, let's say that Adam Glass has the top 5 highest 2" vbar pulls in competition. The list would only have his heaviest weight and the number 2 spot would be whoever pulled the next heaviest weight and so on.

Bob Lipinski has offered to publish the completed list on the Power & Bulk forum. I have the US Handstrength website records as reference. I have the search function and contest results from the Gripboard. But I'd really like some help in getting the top lifts on my list.

Attention contest promoters: I'd like to ask a big favor of all of you. Please send me the 2" vbar results from all of your contests that are 250lbs and over. I chose that cutoff because I think it'll be easier to build the list from the top down. I'm ashamed to say I don't know offhand what the highest comp 2" vbar lift is right now. I'll do some searching. There will definitely be several ties in the 270lb range that I remember from one of the MGCs.

The 2" vbar has become so prevalent that we're getting a lot more people trying it and ramping the numbers up. I can't remember right now what number Adam Glass has pulled in competition. But in training he's done 355lbs!

That begs the question - how many US guys have broken the 300lb barrier in competition - on the 2" vbar? Andrew Durniat, Chad Woodall(?), Adam Glass, Dave Thornton(?), Ryan Klein(?), Jedd Johnson(?), might've missed a few that have been very close. Ryan Johnson(?) Derek Graybill has to be up there. Aaron Corcorran is at least 281lbs I think.

I'm guessing that the #20 spot will be somewhere around 250lbs. Mainly due to the pile-up of ties in the 270lb range.

Attention competitors: If you have pulled 250lbs or over in competition (US contests only please) please let me know in this thread. Include the date and name of the competition - and what poundage you lifted. If the weights were calibrated that's a plus - but it's not going to be a requisite for being on the list.

Okay, making headway this morning on the list.

The highest comp lift I've found so far is: Adam Glass - 335lbs

There might be something higher but I'll have to find it. Didn't Ryan Johnson pull low 300s too in some contest?

AZCGSIII, Feb 27 2010:

Aaron 290

Tim 275

Paul 250

Paul may have a better competition lift, not sure.

AZCGSIII, Feb 27 2010:

Aaron 290

Tim 275

Paul 250

Paul may have a better competition lift, not sure.

Appreciate that Tim! I'll get those put on my list. I found the results but wasn't sure if you guys had done higher since then - or previously.

Ben, sent you an email at your GOT email address...

Unfortunately, not the competition - but I think it will be interesting.

Steve Gardener 332 lbs 2" FBBC bar.

Ryan Johnson 329 on FBBC 2" V-bar

345 lbs FBBC 2" v bar right hand Adam T. Glass

Unfortunately, not the competition - but I think it will be interesting.

Steve Gardener 332 lbs 2" FBBC bar.

Ryan Johnson 329 on FBBC 2" V-bar

345 lbs FBBC 2" v bar right hand Adam T. Glass

All those are great lifts. Really was impressed with the control that Ryan Johnson had with 329lbs!

I see now that I didn't specify the list was going to be United States comps only. But I'm not really discriminating against all other countries. It's just harder sometimes to add more comp records if I don't have as easy access to them as I do here on the Gripboard. I have David Horne's forum too but my idea originally stemmed from perusing the US Handstrength site records.

Ben the comp number is correct

some of my training pulls 345

355 in training, witness Mike T Nelson and David Dellanave

I am rotating it back in to my training after nationals, I think a 360 pull by the Nov comp is possible. My warm up weights are now over 320 on a good day

some of my training pulls 345 http://youtu.be/sXAMH8ABVpk

I am rotating it back in to my training after nationals, I think a 360 pull by the Nov comp is possible. My warm up weights are now over 320 on a good day

Excellent pulls Adam! I follow your 2" vbar training pulls pretty closely. I think you'll hit the goal number even though 2" vbar in your comp is about mid-way through the contest if I remember right.

some of my training pulls 345 http://youtu.be/sXAMH8ABVpk

Great work Adam!