Thanks To Wells...

gollan

A short while ago Wells posted a poll about how much you can roll up with an unsupported wrist roller. That got me motivated to find my 1RM on an unsupported IM Wicked Wrist Roller (a thick-handled roller). Today I worked through a large number of one rep sets and maxed out at 20lbs. I'm thinking on a fresh set of arms I could do a few more pounds, but fair-and-square I got 20lbs up one side of the roller, down, back up the other side, and down again, all under complete control. Now a 20lb 1RM on a wrist roller is more likely to invoke a yawn than rule #5, but that isn't my point. A bunch of one-rep sets was a different kind of roller workout, one I probably wouldn't have thought to try if it wasn't for Wells' poll. I just wanted to take a moment to thank Wells and all the gentlemen who hang around TheGripBoard for inspiring and motivating me. I train alone but my membership here is even better than training at a gym full of grip nuts!

Edited by gollan

Guest wells

Hey thanks. Now you have motivated me!

This board has also had a dramatic effect on my training and seems to really pump me up. I sometimes have trouble just waiting to go home to train!

I am a genuine wrist roller freek. Try combining some plate wrist curls in between your wr sets. :yikes

A wrist roller 'burn' can't be beat. :rock