Ripping A Deck Of Cards In Handcuffs

GatorGrip

I tried a new feat of strength today, Ripping A Deck of Cards In Handcuffs. This was the first time I have ever tried this and I will be the first to say it wasn't pretty, clean or fast but I gave it what I had. I thought others could try and perfect this feat of strength as I believe it could be done more efficiently to produce a better feat. I have to warn you that it restricts your movement and the cuffs cut into your wrists a bit. I hope yall enjoy my folly!

GATOR

That was cool Gator! I was curious on card/phone book tearing. Is there a certain level of grip strength one has to have before thinking of trying these feats? Such as closing COC#2, pinch grip ability or open handed blob hold strength etc? I always wanted to learn these things, but don't know the prerequisites before attempting. I wanted to know some things I need to be able to do before I even think about it.

Thanks,

Chris

Cool man. You just escaped from the law and had to stop to tear a deck of cards. That is dedication! Now go find a hacksaw.

That was cool Gator! I was curious on card/phone book tearing. Is there a certain level of grip strength one has to have before thinking of trying these feats? Such as closing COC#2, pinch grip ability or open handed blob hold strength etc? I always wanted to learn these things, but don't know the prerequisites before attempting. I wanted to know some things I need to be able to do before I even think about it.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris thanks for the compliment. As far as the ripping the decks of cards I have ripped quit a few decks and during the time I was able to pinch lift 2x35 plates but I don't think that you would have to do that but you have to build your pinch grip to hold onto the slick cards. Decks like grippers and steel vary. I used to have a deck listing of hardest to easiest on the board here. Start with a cheaper deck as they may be easier than Bicycles, Bees or maybe Aviators. Card tearing like most feats of strength have an element of technique that has to be mastered and nothing can compensate but practice. Work on your pinch grip and get some cards and maybe watch some videos of others tearing cards. The tearing in handcuffs is really awkward as I ripped another deck without them after the video and it took only a few short seconds rather than the fumbling with in the cuffs. Good Luck, you'll get it my friend.

GATOR

Thanks Gator-so pinch grip and learning the technique are key. I've got some work to do since I just started pinching plates-so far 3 10's is about my best-I don't have any 35's, but I do have 25's-do you work those holding for time, say 10 seconds, or do you pinch them and lift them in a row like fashion? From your answer it seems like crushing strength ie grippers is not the key component. More open handed work like blob lifts,and plate pinches are better along with increased wrist strength-I have the Twist Yo Wrist-do you recommend that or anything else in particular-I want to get better in grip overall, not just grippers, but eventually tearing cards would be cool. Cheers, Chris

Chris I looked up this old link to give you an idea of card progression that me and some friends collaborated on. Hope this helps in your quest for deck ripping. Scroll down and you will see the list from easiest to hardest.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=14473&st=0&p=171360&hl=+gatorgrip%20+cards&fromsearch=1entry171360

Edited by GatorGrip

Where did you get the cuffs? You say regulation, I didn't know there was a standard type of cuff - aside form toy cuffs of course! Cool feat - looked real clean from the start I hate it when the cards hold on at the end.

They were real police issue cuffs was what I meant and yes that deck started clean and then after that they started slipping so with the restriction of the cuffs it was tricky. LOL

Alright whose going to try this feat of strength next, I am anxious to see a clean rip in cuffs. I know somebody has cuffs at their house for this. :tongue