82.5kg W S H Class

Cannon

Who will be competing in the 82.5kg (181.8lbs) WSH class this year? The only two people I know are:

Pete Kerr (UK)

Matt Cannon (US)

Edit: I meant to say I know there will be many more people, I just don't know who is in this class. :blush

Who will be competing in the 82.5kg (181.8lbs) WSH class this year? The only two people I know are:

Pete Kerr (UK)

Matt Cannon (US)

Edit: I meant to say I know there will be many more people, I just don't know who is in this class. :blush

I think they have a pretty good crew forming up in the UK. I also thought I saw that rick walker would be light enough for that class by the fall.

Pete Kerr (UK)

Matt Cannon (US)

I think they have a pretty good crew forming up in the UK. I also thought I saw that rick walker would be light enough for that class by the fall.

Don't forget the one who will be winning that class, some young'n by the name of Graybill ;) Hahaha

Pete Kerr (UK)

Matt Cannon (US)

Don't forget the one who will be winning that class, some young'n by the name of Graybill ;) Hahaha

I may just have to cut 80 lbs. and accept that challenge D :D

I think Kevin Greto, if he chooses to compete would fit in this class. I can't remember his name here on the baord, but he did one leg here and he did the virtual version of the Minneapolis 10-thlon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm competing.

I'm competing.

Eric - you seem to be able to manipulate your bodyweight over a wide range - what would you call your "natural" weight?

Me and my brother Kevin are trying to cut some weight also.

Edit. my signature says 180, I havn't updated it in a while. About 195 right now so got about 15 to loose.

Edited by cemery

Pete Kerr (UK)

Matt Cannon (US)

I may just have to cut 80 lbs. and accept that challenge D :D

That's why he wants the 12" tall OMG burger after the comp. Put that 80# right back on! :laugh

I'm gonna do my best to give you a run Graybill. I can't promise it'll be a good run, just my best. :blush

Looks to be a lot of good lightweights shaving a pound or two for this. At the least it's gonna be a tight race.

I'm certainly looking forward to this ! Glad to see there will be some competition from across the pond!

Back in the early and mid 80s when I was climbing a lot - I weighed in from 178 to 183#. My grip was certainly much stronger then as far as climbing strength but it would be fun to know what I would have done with the actual Grip Events then. One of you invent a time machine and we'll check that out.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone compiled a list yet? I'll be going to Minneapolis for the first leg.

Bob - it's great to see you going to WSH - you'll enjoy Adam - cool guy.

Thanks Chris, how about you? I know you aren't promoting it this year, but will you be competing?

Believe it or not, I am dropping a small amount of weight for the first time in my life so I can hopefully eat normally the day before and morning of the competition (weigh-in is 30 minutes before the contest at his location).

I've been weighing-in about 2-3 lbs. under the limit before I eat or drink anything in the AM, which is too close for comfort given my complete lack of experience in making weight for anything.

Where were you for Nationals brother?

Thanks Chris, how about you? I know you aren't promoting it this year, but will you be competing?

Believe it or not, I am dropping a small amount of weight for the first time in my life so I can hopefully eat normally the day before and morning of the competition (weigh-in is 30 minutes before the contest at his location).

I've been weighing-in about 2-3 lbs. under the limit before I eat or drink anything in the AM, which is too close for comfort given my complete lack of experience in making weight for anything.

Bob - I am not doing WSH this year - I will be off climbing for both of the last two legs - that's why I asked Andrew if he would take over for me - which he kindly did. I think it's better that he have it anyway in the future as he has a larger community to draw from. With that in mind I probably won't do leg one either as all my training has been targeted in another direction. I am excited about Gripmas this year though. I'm busy making double sledge set ups for a few people to train with so the sledge event is looking to be crazy strong this time around. I just drew up the plans for the Hercules Hold and will get it built and tested in the next few weeks I hope - no real hurry on this - just need to find where I put my climbing pulley's or borrow a pair somewhere. I am working with some people on the Medley's (yes plural) as each class will have a different one of increasing difficulty this time - be afraid - be very afraid of the Medley :whistel

Bob - I am not doing WSH this year - I will be off climbing for both of the last two legs - that's why I asked Andrew if he would take over for me - which he kindly did. I think it's better that he have it anyway in the future as he has a larger community to draw from. With that in mind I probably won't do leg one either as all my training has been targeted in another direction. I am excited about Gripmas this year though. I'm busy making double sledge set ups for a few people to train with so the sledge event is looking to be crazy strong this time around. I just drew up the plans for the Hercules Hold and will get it built and tested in the next few weeks I hope - no real hurry on this - just need to find where I put my climbing pulley's or borrow a pair somewhere. I am working with some people on the Medley's (yes plural) as each class will have a different one of increasing difficulty this time - be afraid - be very afraid of the Medley :whistel

Your medley always kills me anyway. One of these years I will have to try to approximate something like it so I have a shot at beating you just once on your home turf haha.