1-arm Deadlift With Hook Grip

andurniat

Here is the link to my 1-arm Deadlift yesterday. 518# left arm.

Wow :bow

Its close to a WR, isnt it??

Don't you ever get tired of embarrassing me? :whistel It was a great lift to see in person.

good work andrew.

It was a record for the 105kg bodyweight class, previous record was 219kg. The absolute record in competition is 255kg. Hermann Goerner is reported to have done 729# I believe. I plan to continue training the lift and get the 255kg barrier next.

It was a record for the 105kg bodyweight class, previous record was 219kg. The absolute record in competition is 255kg. Hermann Goerner is reported to have done 729# I believe. I plan to continue training the lift and get the 255kg barrier next.

Hey any idea what the record is for a class around 78kg?

C&PP - 116.6K

LH DL - 200K

RH DL - 167.5K

These are the Open class 80 kilo weight class IAWA records - the American records may be different but the American ones are not available on line so I couldn't look them up for you.

http://www.iawa.org.uk/RECORDS.html

All the 95 kilo 60 to 65 year old class USAWA records now belong to me now for those lifts but only the L & R DL for the IAWA records - I screwed up the C&PP.

Wow...monster lift here :blink

That was an awesome lift!!!

very strong!! Didn't Goerner do his with no hook, pure grip strength? 727 i think .

How much can you do with a normal grip Andrew? you look mighty big, how much do you weigh?

again great lifting

very strong!! Didn't Goerner do his with no hook, pure grip strength? 727 i think .

How much can you do with a normal grip Andrew? you look mighty big, how much do you weigh?

again great lifting

I have not done it with a normal grip. Lifted just over 300# thumbless at a USAWA meet last year.

Weighed in at 227# the day of the 518# lift.

This info is WAY off Terry. this is from David Horne's website:

This lift [the 330kg one hand deadlift] was an unofficial lift. His best official lift was performed in England with Paul Getty and W.A. Pullum as witnesses to this world record attempt. In a very interesting article in the Health & Strength mag of Dec 5, 1957 Pullum tells the readers the story. On this occasion Goerner lifted 602 1/4lb (273.1k) and held it for several seconds for the famous weightlifting referee W.J. Lowry. Getty, the famous millionaire was so impressed with this feat he gave Goerner £25 in cash. Goerner was so struck by this gesture, he asked for another 50lb to be placed on the bar, so that Getty got value for his money. Goerner lifted this 652 1/4lb (295.8k) succesfully but as the referee was about to count the hold, the bar rolled out of his hand and took a large flap of skin with it. My opinion on Goerner's 330k is that he may have got it, or could have at least been close, as it needs a good grip, very strong back, and a good hook grip, in which Goerner had most of these. Regarding his 251.5k that he was meant to have done without a hook grip, well all I can say on the subject is that if he couldn't hold onto 295.8k with a hook grip, then no way is he lifting 251.5k without. Obviously the bar on the 251.5k lift did not revolve, or is a slightly cambered in which you wouldn't really need a hook grip. For this reason I don't include it in the list.

For him to have done 727 without a hook is of course not possible. I mean, even with a hook today's best one-hand deadlifters aren't even reacing 600#. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever his true max was, he used a hook grip of course! Must have been one strong fellow though!!

C&PP - 116.6K

LH DL - 200K

RH DL - 167.5K

These are the Open class 80 kilo weight class IAWA records - the American records may be different but the American ones are not available on line so I couldn't look them up for you.

http://www.iawa.org.uk/RECORDS.html

All the 95 kilo 60 to 65 year old class USAWA records now belong to me now for those lifts but only the L & R DL for the IAWA records - I screwed up the C&PP.

Not to get too off topic, but how the heck do these records work? I found a bunch of World Groups? I didn't have a ton of time to look, but it wasn't making sense.

Andrew,Great Job !!!