New Wsm ''concepts''

tukkergrip

Hi guys,

I just came across this on the WSM website. http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/blogstory.php?id=39

What do you guys think of these concepts?

I'm pretty much liking the Idea of the water and bar deadlift as the weight gets heavier and the longest time or so should win. Good grip event.

But the first and last concept seem pretty much, well, twisted!?

Hi guys,

I just came across this on the WSM website. http://www.theworlds...story.php?id=39

What do you guys think of these concepts?

I'm pretty much liking the Idea of the water and bar deadlift as the weight gets heavier and the longest time or so should win. Good grip event.

But the first and last concept seem pretty much, well, twisted!?

I agree, I like the water and bar deadlift and think the other two are a little much

The catapult is the best i think its a really old fashioned feat of strength and would be interesting full body power.

I like the deadlift and the catapult.

Spinning the strongmen, while fun to watch, seems too injury prone.

The spinning device looks like a medieval torture rack to me :S. And strapping 300+ pound guys onto a rotating pole? Looks like a good way to get sick :S.. Then again it seems pretty injury prone, if they want to test grip they could stick to the bar hold or hercules hold and not something so injury prone. And how are they going to build it?

The catapult idea seems like a good test of strength. A test of pull and push down strength on a rotating handle thing is not previously tested and will test this kind of strength real great. But what if such a old fashioned cannon thing snaps>> disaster. They will just have too build such a thing very carefully. Seems doable with good engineers.

Why don't I just make new concepts for really testing all around strength because the WSM is probably not going to do it? :D They stick to weird events and more cardio events.

for pure strength my list would be:

Deadlift max or reps

Squat max or reps

bench max or reps

overhead log/axle max or reps

overhead akward object like sandbag/keg/stone max or reps

stone carry heavy stone max distance

manhood stone loading heavy max weight and max reps

very heavy car walks (old fashioned and its great)

heavy farmers

fingal fingers heavy set

partial deadlift max/reps

partial squat/hiplift/backlift max/reps

weight for height

heavy joke

heavy implement on a ramp (like in arnold classic)

dumbell overhead for max/rep

any weight increasing challenge being it overhead lifts deadlifts squats etc.

normal rope truck pulls but then heavy

pulling a heavy truck or a boat with a rope hand over hand towards yourself

normal hercules hold, but then not with such pillars so that guys with a bigger span had a very big disadvantage.

So thats pretty much al the arnold/heavy wsm stuff

The new stuff they could add interestingly for allround strength:

very heavy train pulls on railtrack, done by world record performers

hummer push on incline or so

curl max/reps (strict curl)

partial deadlift withouth straps max/reps

Bring back some kind of holdout event like the front crucifix or the side crucifix for goodness sake that was great and it tests very usefull all day strength. for time holds.

and some like the catapult fire thing, rotating such a wheel but then not specificly with a cannon but heaving up max weights or reps or going through a set for time.

And they could also add in some kind of pump machine that would look awesome (I would totally see mariusz owning at it, and Zydrunas sweating lol), where you have to generate as much force as possible by deadlifting it up and pressing it down, heaving up a weight or so for max weight or for time or for a heavy set.

Very heavy hammer throw or shotput (with shot loaded weights or so like 30kg or more) that would be great. Really testing side and core power.

They could always leave the lighter event stuff to the WSM

Edited by tukkergrip