Grzegorz Nowak Wrist Curls 331 Lbs 2,5" Handle One Hand

Kashtan

a lot of weight for hardly any movement he should stick with 200lbs cause he does wrist curls then.

It hardly leaves his palm. I'm not saying he's not strong but that lift doesn't impress me at all.

?????Pretty strong probably!! He really holds the dumbell with his wrist. Though he curls it for about 1cm, he must be really strong. I wonder what he could tabletop curl. Armwrestlers don't need only full ROM wrist curls as most wrist strength is applied when the wrist is bend towards the forearm. Most people want to see a full range of motion curl and keep of slagging good lifts but that doesn;t make any sense. This is no Sri Chinmoy lol!

?????Pretty strong probably!! He really holds the dumbell with his wrist. Though he curls it for about 1cm, he must be really strong. I wonder what he could tabletop curl. Armwrestlers don't need only full ROM wrist curls as most wrist strength is applied when the wrist is bend towards the forearm. Most people want to see a full range of motion curl and keep of slagging good lifts but that doesn;t make any sense. This is no Sri Chinmoy lol!

well yea it does take a lot of strength just to hold it there like that but its not a wrist curl by any means. a good hold or isometric yes.

Flip da Flop da Flip Flip Flop your wrist was once top. Awesome way to injure your wrist - sooner or later.

Edited by Schweinemann

Despite his form, how many of us can hold that much weight the way he did it? The back of his palm was unsupported at parallel. That is a lot of weight just to hold it like that w/o breaking the wrist. Isometric strength was very good. Please no need to think about regular full range wrist curl. He did it the way he did it, and it was good.

The back of his hand was not parallel, at least not in the 230# vid. The weight is tilted back towards his thumb. I'd have to watch the others more closely. Even calling those quarter reps would be generous

The back of his hand was not parallel, at least not in the 230# vid. The weight is tilted back towards his thumb. I'd have to watch the others more closely. Even calling those quarter reps would be generous

I certainly can't do that the way I saw it with that weight. Can you Jad? His hand's unsupported, and this is armwrestling exercise, so why people keep so hang up on full range motion? No need for full range if you just want your nervous system to get used to super heavy load. You get the benefit w/o blowing your wrist however. IMO

I certainly can't do that the way I saw it with that weight. Can you Jad? His hand's unsupported, and this is armwrestling exercise, so why people keep so hang up on full range motion? No need for full range if you just want your nervous system to get used to super heavy load. You get the benefit w/o blowing your wrist however. IMO

I'm a state level 90kg puller and he's a very good heavy so what's it going to say if I can do it? Nobody is getting hung up on full ROM. The problem is when his hand doesn't hit parallel, note I'm saying parallel, I'm not complaining about full ROM, his bones, not his wrist are supporting it. I'm not saying he's not strong but that's not a wrist curl, even with the AW caveats about ROM. I'm more impressed with the fact that he can just hold 331# with one hand while bent over at the waist; strong for sure but let's not call it something it's not.

Josh your wrist is stronger than you think. Why is it so hard to find a super strict 35# plate wrist curl video like yours? And you got two reps. Do you still train that movement?

Man,.. I don't think a lot of guys could even lower the bar proberly... I mean, I saw a lot of guys training deadlifts with 120-150kg... and then a hold... for me it't impressive... also the 88kg reps were impressive, but in other ways.

but as schweineman mentioned.. very high risk of injury... very high!

That kind of holding strength is very impressive, especially at that angle. I currently do high reps (20-100) with a 210 but not at that angle and there are times it feels like the wrists are going to break. Mr. Nowak's bones must very strong and only getting stronger training like that.

That kind of holding strength is very impressive, especially at that angle. I currently do high reps (20-100) with a 210 but not at that angle and there are times it feels like the wrists are going to break. Mr. Nowak's bones must very strong and only getting stronger training like that.

I concur 100%

You do up to 100 reps single hand wristcurls with a 210 pound dumbbell? I know some of your videos and you are very strong, but that is insane in case it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some pretty heavy Dumbbell wrist curls myself as a lot of you know, and I never tear down another persons lifts. But the form he used just looked odd to me. But hey, until we load up a bar with 230 pounds and try it, I'll leave it at that. This summer I will be shooting for 150 pound Dumb-bell Wrist curl for at leats 5 reps at my current body weight of 203 pounds (I'm 6' 1" tall. I will post it on YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...

You do up to 100 reps single hand wristcurls with a 210 pound dumbbell? I know some of your videos and you are very strong, but that is insane in case it is true.

I did 130 with 210 last time - and then 40 with left. I will try to make that my next upload.

I did 130 with 210 last time - and then 40 with left. I will try to make that my next upload.

Just wanted to add that this was after several hundred forced reps with the RB330N, so I wasn't 100%. Fresh should be even better - my wrists are pretty sick now.

Just wanted to add that this was after several hundred forced reps with the RB330N, so I wasn't 100%. Fresh should be even better - my wrists are pretty sick now.

This makes me feel like leaving the board.

Schweinemann: I think G-man truly does everything he claims, just that he uses worse form or shorter ROM than one imagines when thinking of some movements.

Schweinemann: I think G-man truly does everything he claims, just that he uses worse form or shorter ROM than one imagines when thinking of some movements.

i didnt question his claims. It just makes me feel like a little child. Like the weakest guy on the board...

i didnt question his claims. It just makes me feel like a little child. Like the weakest guy on the board...

Oh, sorry then, thought you were questioning 130 reps with a 210 DB (if they were Full ROM, this would be out of this world). Still even if they are "Sri Chimnoy" reps it would be pretty tough to even hold that big of a DB for whatever time it takes to move it 130 times. I still wonder what the ROM is on these.

Oh, sorry then, thought you were questioning 130 reps with a 210 DB

I was way off in counting my reps. Sometimes when it burns, you have a tendency of counting much higher than what you actually do. I will have my personal best for both right and left-handed uploaded shortly.