Finally Did It!

Guest Youngguy

Guest Youngguy

I finally closed my extended #4, and I am very exited about my progress. I don't have any pics right now, but I might be able to get some soon. Now all I got to do is make some 1/2"inch extensions, and then do those.

Wanna: Younguy built his own ewtensions for his #4 handles.

He posted pics. Good work.

Ok, so what does that mean. The amount of closing torque may not be any more than an average or hard 3. As we all know, 1/16 of an inch at the close can be pretty huge.

So, I have no idea what this close means exactly. It's hard enough to compare grippers let alone extended ones.

Ok, so what does that mean. The amount of closing torque may not be any more than an average or hard 3. As we all know, 1/16 of an inch at the close can be pretty huge.

So, I have no idea what this close means exactly. It's hard enough to compare grippers let along extended ones.

Build a set and find out - then let us know.

So, I have no idea what this close means exactly. It's hard enough to compare grippers let along extended ones.

Build a set and find out - then let us know.

No thanks.

However, I am interested (in the results) for someone to slowly reduce the length of the handles and train with one since no one has done this that I know of.

Wanna: Rick was training with an extended BBSE with a lot of increments/washers. He was happy with the results if memory serves. He even started a training log but it seems that at some point, he joined the force :tongue

Amaury.

PS: i guess that younguy's modified #4 must be at least a little harder than the #3 he closed, if not he should have been able to close it without specific training. How much harder then ??

What does closing an extended 4 signify?

I'm not sure, but has anyone lifted any hollowed out Inch Replicas lately? Seems about the same thing to me.

I guess as long as there is progression it's a good thing though....

Good work! Glad to see you're still making progress.

Younguy,

How about telling us how much harder your extended #4 is compared to your #3 you certified on. This may help satisy some of those who want to know how this tool has helped improve your crushing strength.

-HH

Guest Youngguy

Thanx for your positive replies.

My extended #4 is 25-30% harder than my #3 with the given value of the Un-moded. #4 being 100% harder than my #3. Hope I have not just confused you there :blink , but that is the best way I can explain it.

After getting this far the extended #4 the #3 is seeming to get more and more like puddy.

Edited by Youngguy

Guest Youngguy
Based on Ironmind's figures of 280 for a 3 and 365 for a 4, that is a difference of 30%

The given value being the #4=100%, and #3=0% to that of the #4. It is just my system of measuring here.

youngguy,

Before I decide to say anything... I'll wait till you post some pics, then I'll make a statement.

Really, if you're making progress on your grip strength, it should count for something, even though your technique is unfamilar to us.