First Do Bends Ever

Malice

I don't have any vids but after some instruction from my buddy Dave after our grip workout I got a 6"G2, 60D and 5.5" 60D(cut down) all with DO. Nothing earth shaking so I won't bother putting pics of the bends but it's progress for me and now at least I know how it's supposed to feel and have an idea of the technique. Anyone know where a 5.5" 60D generally falls in the difficulty ladder? I know nails vary a lot but generally speaking.

That is great man! Did the G2 feel harder than the 60d?

I got some 60d nails from Homedepot and they feel tough. They are for sure harder than the I.M blue nails I have.

That is great man! Did the G2 feel harder than the 60d?

I got some 60d nails from Homedepot and they feel tough. They are for sure harder than the I.M blue nails I have.

No, the G2 was easier than the 60D.

I don't have any vids but after some instruction from my buddy Dave after our grip workout I got a 6"G2, 60D and 5.5" 60D(cut down) all with DO. Nothing earth shaking so I won't bother putting pics of the bends but it's progress for me and now at least I know how it's supposed to feel and have an idea of the technique. Anyone know where a 5.5" 60D generally falls in the difficulty ladder? I know nails vary a lot but generally speaking.

I Believe the 60 d nail Fall into the 330 lb Range and Take + 15% for Every 1/2" would put the 60 d nail at 5.5" Right at 379 to 380 lbs.

The Home Depots up here generally sell Tree Island brand nails which are pretty damn tough compared to most others.

Thanks for the replies guys! Of course I really want to try a blue nail but I think the smart thing will be to improve my shoulder flexibility so I can do the DO up high where it should be before trying harder stuff. Plus consistency in technique is nonexistent right now :whistel

Great work Russ!!! Bending a 5.5" 60D first time trying it DO is a wicked start actually. Puts you in the category of guys that later bend everything under the sun.

I have to say congrats on the bends DO will open up the steel doors! :tongue

Did a couple more bends at Dave's after a rather intense grip workout. Knocked out a 60D like nothing, got a 1/4"x6 CRS without too much trouble and got humiliated by a G5 :) All was done in IMP's this time which I actually liked better than the suede wraps. I'm going to order my own IMP's when I get home tonight.

I think 60D's will be perfect to grease the groove throughout the week without stressing the musculos.