Public Challenge For Pat

David_wigren

In 09 I kinked the Kerckhaert WH #6 28x10 (measured almost 30mm wide when I put a caliper on it, however it is marketed as 28mm wide) I kinked it in 09 when my kink/starting strength was better than it is today.

However my crushdown strength is stronger today. So I took that same shoe that I kinked 2 years ago and just went for it and it unexpectedly started moving.

The video is probably 2 minutes to long. I was trying to get it as far as I could. Only got it to about 120-140 degrees. But it is still pretty bad ass if you ask me, haha. I have been working on this one on and off for a LONG time.

This shoe is not eligible for any ranking list, because we don't allow the use of clipped shoes, because they tend to vary more, and they would be easy to modify by filing the edge, thus making the shoe easier. And sadly this type of shoe doesn't have any markings for identification.

Nonetheless this is a bend that I am proud of, because I wasn't sure that I would ever get it moving again.

I edited some music in there to make up for the long video.

If someone would like to "attain" this, all they have to do is click on this link http://www.anvilbrand.com/p-2195-ker...d-6-front.aspx and buy the shoe. I challenge anyone in the world to bend this horseshoe. (not that I legitimately bent it past 180 degrees, but at least I did some serious damage to it)

This was also sent to Pat the Human Vice. About two weeks ago he challenged people to try and attain his feats. I jumped on it instantly, by asking him what had been bent, but with no response. It wasn't until a week after that, of me constantly nagging him, he told me about the Werkman #4 loong heel. And challenged me to bend two taped together.

However the problem is that the Werkman #4 loong heel was discontinued a long time ago by Werkman, that shoe isn't being made anymore. Something he was very much aware of, but said it anyway.

I decided to make things easier by just sending him a link to the same shoe I was working on. All he has to do is to buy the shoe, and bend it, which should be easy for the man who claims himself to be "the greatest horseshoe bender of all times - and no one even comes close"

Thank you

Seems like a reasonable friendly challenge. :)

But I have not seen Pat post here in a while, you might want to PM him.

Oh boy :calm I've only met Pat in person once and he's very nice but he's not much of an internet guy. I believe he said something to the effect of use the message boards to meet people and hear about contests but get out there and do it and don't waste time arguing on them. Before anybody starts questioning him I'd remember that he's very busy and checking the internet for challenges posted to him is probably not very high on his priority list.

To echo one of Jad's comments, hopefully this can remain a "friendly" challenge and not a full on call-out with arguing.

Because, in general, it would be cool to see two greats go head-to-head and try to raise the bar. :)

And why not make it an open challenge as well. Maybe Carl or Paul or someone can bend one of these shoes? :whistel

To echo one of Jad's comments, hopefully this can remain a "friendly" challenge and not a full on call-out with arguing.

Because, in general, it would be cool to see two greats go head-to-head and try to raise the bar. :)

And why not make it an open challenge as well. Maybe Carl or Paul or someone can bend one of these shoes? :whistel

I think Adam and Terrence could be thrown into the mix as well :cool