Rope Pullups (crushed Gripper Setup)

Legionary

I recently went out and bought a couple lengths of 3/4"(the same diameter as a CoC handle) mannilla rope from a hardware store. I throw both pieces over a pullup bar so I end up with two 3/4" pieces in each hand, so its roughly the same size as a crushed gripper. I find that they are a brutal exercise, much more effective then towel pullups IMHO. I was wondering what the more experienced members opinions on this variation are and if it's worth keeping in my routine. Currently I do 3*3 and add 2.5 lbs every session. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

I recently went out and bought a couple lengths of 3/4"(the same diameter as a CoC handle) mannilla rope from a hardware store. I throw both pieces over a pullup bar so I end up with two 3/4" pieces in each hand, so its roughly the same size as a crushed gripper. I find that they are a brutal exercise, much more effective then towel pullups IMHO. I was wondering what the more experienced members opinions on this variation are and if it's worth keeping in my routine. Currently I do 3*3 and add 2.5 lbs every session. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Today I tried to use the rope extension that is used for tricep pushdowns for chins today. TRIED..I got about a 3/4 rep. The rope is pretty thick and I weight over 250, really brutal.

Funny, I just typed "rope pull-up" in Youtube and the first result is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGM189C9VI

I wonder why that video has so many views. I mean, she's not using pure grip strength, the rope is around her wrists! And probably gets a slight jump off the floor on each rep! Why this video has such a high rating is beyond me... :whistel:D :D

I don't own ropes, but Towell pull-ups have fried my forearms in the past. It is interesting to note that they taxed my thumb a lot, which doesn't happen on a regular bar or rings either with supinated, neutral or pronated grip. So not only the fingers are working much harder but your thumbpad will be sore if it's your first time doing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGM189C9VI

I wonder why that video has so many views. I mean, she's not using pure grip strength, the rope is around her wrists! And probably gets a slight jump off the floor on each rep! Why this video has such a high rating is beyond me... :whistel:D :D

I don't own ropes, but Towell pull-ups have fried my forearms in the past. It is interesting to note that they taxed my thumb a lot, which doesn't happen on a regular bar or rings either with supinated, neutral or pronated grip. So not only the fingers are working much harder but your thumbpad will be sore if it's your first time doing them.

Yes! I have seen her videos before. They all have millions of views. I’m responsible for about half the views. :blush

I think you should pick some up man. I bought two 5' pieces for 8 bucks at Lowes. You can really feel it in your fingers.

If the towel is thick I think it will have the same effect as the rope.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6SGM189C9VI

hmm I wonder why it has so many views...her vids on glute-ham raises are VERY informative though

Oh my god. Don't you just LOVE nature. I would say this is a very informative youtube link and I would like

to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this. :laugh:mosher:yikes