My First Time With The 5/16 Steel Bars...

strongman2332

I am not a bender... lets get that out of the way!

I am a bending noob! I have only been working on bending on and off for a few weeks so I am very happy with this. I know nothing in this vid is perfect or spot on but I was very happy that I was even able to budge this huge bastard. This bar is 7" long, HRS, and 5/16 which is the biggest thing I have ever attempted unbraced. Well I hope you enjoy and if you have any pointers on body positioning, posters, etc please feel free to chime in.

and another....

Edited by NJgrip23

I am a bending noob! I have only been working on bending on and off for a few weeks so I am very happy with this. I know nothing in this vid is perfect or spot on but I was very happy that I was even able to budge this huge bastard. This bar is 7" long, HRS, and 5/16 which is the biggest thing I have ever attempted unbraced. Well I hope you enjoy and if you have any pointers on body positioning, posters, etc please feel free to chime in.

and another....

I am confused as to why the bar already had about a 5 degree kink before you even bent it??!! Otherwise, I would recommend getting 1/4" stock and play around with that first, then 1/4 inch square. Usually hrs is reserved for barehanded bends, while CRS is the routinely used steel for unbraced. There are plenty of good videos on the Internet. Find them, study them, and ask questions.

Otherwise, not a bad attempt

nice attempt man. Very unorthodox style. When i used to bend which i am getting back into slowly, i used just shoulder and forearm power. the unassisted style you were doing seemed a little dangerous for your wrists.

and another....

I am confused as to why the bar already had about a 5 degree kink before you even bent it??!! Otherwise, I would recommend getting 1/4" stock and play around with that first, then 1/4 inch square. Usually hrs is reserved for barehanded bends, while CRS is the routinely used steel for unbraced. There are plenty of good videos on the Internet. Find them, study them, and ask questions.

Otherwise, not a bad attempt

I am sorry, I should have specified that the first bar was a isometric piece that budged so I figure I would record it to see if I could bend it. The second one was an untouched bar. I finished bending 6" 1/4 stock and some 6-1/4" square stock previously and the only thing heavier was this stuff. Any reason why HRS is for barehanded stuff?

thanks,

NJ

nice attempt man. Very unorthodox style. When i used to bend which i am getting back into slowly, i used just shoulder and forearm power. the unassisted style you were doing seemed a little dangerous for your wrists.

Yea I hate bending that way but I am the strongest in that position. I have been practicing DO but I find it very awkward for some reason...

Nice job Matt.

Thanks Frank. How have you been? I haven't talked to you in sometime man. PM me, I am interested to hear how things are and how life is treating you my friend!

Yea I hate bending that way but I am the strongest in that position. I have been practicing DO but I find it very awkward for some reason...

well everyone is different but i've found tons of power that way when u get used to it:)