Gripper Display

macaz

Made a gripper display for my Tetting series grippers. I think it is nice. I wanted to put it in the study / computer room but my wife made me hang it in the garage. :cry

It has old railroad date nails (another thing I collect) from 01 to 14 to hang up the T1 to T13 . The 14nail is in case I ever get that Beast gripper I have been after.

gallery_19587_1236_31946.jpg

gallery_19587_1236_64003.jpg

gallery_19587_1236_6126.jpg

There is a retro Tetting "beast" gripper in the place of the T14.

If any one is willing to sell their T14 let me know.

Nice display, Rich! I've never seen a T13, that spring is laughable. The railroad nails are a nice touch.

Awesome display...I'm really liking it. I think the nails add the final touch...when I get settled into a house again (hopefully in only a few months) I'm going to build something similar for my CoC's.

Awesome display...I'm really liking it. I think the nails add the final touch...when I get settled into a house again (hopefully in only a few months) I'm going to build something similar for my CoC's.

You can get the Railroad Date nails on EBay. There is some guy in Texas that sells lots of 200. He seems to throw in one nail from 1900 to 1920, then you get a bunch of whatever. I used to collect them myself but the old dates are hard to find.

That is really nice, Rich. I like it. Much better than how I display my grippers. The railroad nails are a nice touch.

Tom

I like that. Beats throwing them in a bucket, which is where mine live.

What are the original use for the nails? And the numbers are years? Like the "13" nail would mark something as 1913?

Display looks great!

I like that. Beats throwing them in a bucket, which is where mine live.

What are the original use for the nails? And the numbers are years? Like the "13" nail would mark something as 1913?

The rail road used to keep track of the age of railroad ties with "date nails". I think they stopped in the 70s for most rail lines. If you walk the tracks you will see them sometimes. The oldest one I found was 1916 from a railroad tie that was used in an abandoned corral near Tucson, AZ. The 13 is from 1913. ! is 1901 and 0 is 1900.

really nice job, how many can you close?

really nice job, how many can you close?

I Have closed T1-T5. I may be able to close T6. I will try it soon. Im kind of worn down with the RRBT program now (missing skin)

very nice display, those nails look great. don't worry my wife won't let me keep my grip/weights in the house either. Funny thing is she can keep her fitness stuff anywhere she likes!!

Very interesting, I never knew they used such nails but it is logical. Nice display man and my stuff resides on the porch itself- :blink

nice retro tetting gripper rich!

cheers to your progress dude!