Hand Pain

buby1

I was doing negatives with my CoC #3 and i star ted to feel pain in my hands. The next morning my hands, especcailly my finger tips felt very numb and i got this feeling throught the day. This is not the first time im doing negatives so i dont see why i have this weird numbness. It also affects my grip when i train. What do you guys think it could be? Maybe i hit a nerve or maybe even injured it? Please someone let me know.

The best thing you can do right now is rest! I've had my share of hand injuries since I started and believe that simply taking a week or two off is the best recipe. Cold/warm baths also work well for recovery.

Best of luck in your recovery. You might even come back stronger after the break!

I was doing negatives with my CoC #3 and i star ted to feel pain in my hands. The next morning my hands, especcailly my finger tips felt very numb and i got this feeling throught the day. This is not the first time im doing negatives so i dont see why i have this weird numbness. It also affects my grip when i train. What do you guys think it could be? Maybe i hit a nerve or maybe even injured it? Please someone let me know.

I experienced numbness in my fingers, particularly my middle finger, when I first started doing heavy negatives. It went away with time. I would rest like OTTO recommended just to be on the safe side. Perhaps I was lucky by getting away with training through the numbness.

Yea I experienced numbness too....I did too much at once thinking I was invincible, I pulled both tendons in both hands by NY middle fingers. It hurt so bad too to even pick stuff up. So I played off troopers and grip training in general and it started to heal.

Then I went on vacation for a week and came back doing personal bests closing the #2 everytime and almost the 2.5 as well with no pain. Plus I take it easy with a less is more approach.

I know you don't wanna feel like taking a break but don't do anything for a solid week or two. Trust me you'll come back stronger than ever.

Grippers * sorry predicted text sucks haha

There is not much room in the hands. Everything--nerves, tendons, muscle, bone--is all pretty crowded. It doesn't take much swelling to irriate the major nerves. If you're not used to negatives, or even if you're used to them and hit it really hard, this can bring on some irritation. I would only worry if it persists after you have rested for a week.

Be careful about the pressure in your palm. You really need to build up a tolerance for heavy grippers. It's also possible you're using the wrong gripper for negatives, even if you're used to doing them.