Gym &grip

Forever

Wondering how those on the board balance the two. When I try to train grip after going to the gym, my crush is shot and such. I'm doing full body workouts and back movements I guess kill things :whistel Idn, I try to wait a few hours after the gym. I have to be to work on the weekends at 5 in the morning and can only wait so long on Fri. before doing the other workout and trying to sleep lol! Any advice appericated....Wanna do both of course and get my peak grip strength back :blush Thanks

I work from 4pm til around 2am. I go to the gym in the morning and do my grip workouts several hours later at work. It works for me as I have a few hours between for my hands to recover after a heavy back/pulling workout at the gym.

I work around my deadlift, no grip stuff the day before or of the lift. I'm not doing many BB shrugs, if I were I would need to work around that to lesser extent.

Gripper stuff I do at home on days off or if I haven't done any thick bar work that day.

I do some light lower back with my squats so It is a good time for thick bar DLs.

I usually do famers or one handed thick pulls (sounds dirty) on bench day which is a couple days before I do DLs.

I do wrist/forearms with Bench and Military press days along with some plate pinching.

Pretty much just squeezing all of it before deadlift day, I have a hard time doing much assistance work after.

If I weren't obsessed with grip like so many others I would just do farmers to be functional.

I made this kind of short period in winter and hit PRs on axle, pinch and grippers :)

day1 Squat, benchpress, barbell row, 2H pinch, plate curls

day2 Squat, Axle DO deadlift, axle overheadpress

Day3 Kettlebell and grippers

I work from 4pm til around 2am. I go to the gym in the morning and do my grip workouts several hours later at work. It works for me as I have a few hours between for my hands to recover after a heavy back/pulling workout at the gym.

I have time to workout after work at 4 or 5 pm and then I will wait to do my grip workout at around 9 or so to give me a few hours. Will test this tomm...to everyone also thanks for the input, I was hoping not to do an old topic :tongue