Bodyweight Rolling Thunder List

BGgrip

hi i was wondering if there was a list out there of people who have gotten bodyweight or over bodyweight in the rolling thunder lift. i know there is a 2 hand pinch bodyweight list, which i was currently added to, but wondered if there was a rolling thunder list like the pinch one, thanks BGgrip

hi i was wondering if there was a list out there of people who have gotten bodyweight or over bodyweight in the rolling thunder lift. i know there is a 2 hand pinch bodyweight list, which i was currently added to, but wondered if there was a rolling thunder list like the pinch one, thanks BGgrip

Where is the 2HP bodyweight list..?

its on david hornes website and if you type in bodyweight pinch lift on the search tab it will take you to a few different posts and one of them has the list but its not quite updated

What would someone consider a good, great, elite rolling thunder pull?

i would say anything over 180 or 200

What would someone consider a good, great, elite rolling thunder pull?

To me, 230. At about 230, you start losing most Pro Strongmen. I don't mean the World's Strongest Men Finalists, I mean most Pro Strongmen.

The lift is so hand-size dependent, that it is not really "fair". By that, I mean my son is a decent deadlifter (555 lbs weighing 215 lbs). He couldn't pull 175 on a Rolling Thunder. His father has never deadlifted 400 lbs but can easily pull 200 lbs on a Rolling Thunder. His dad is a grip guy, son is not. But Dad's hand (mine) is a shade under 8 inches, and his is 7 1/2 inches. Who is stronger? He is. Who has a better grip? I do. Whose grip, any way you measure it, is stronger? Mine. But I don't kid myself, he is way stronger than I!

Height seems to help with Rolling Thunder as well. For some reason, everythng being equal, the taller guys do better than the other guys. I am 4 inches taller than my son.

I am very impressed with a five foot eight guy with average size hands who can pull 200 on the Rolling Thunder. Way more than a six foot four guy with catcher's mitts for hands who pulls 250.

But Mark Felix, even with his 10 and one-half inch hands...mucho respecto! 301 is amazing no matter how big his hands are!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xDAXZEIf4

That was at least 20 lbs over BW at the time when I in shape working outside for 70+ hour weeks as a kayak guide. The heaviest I ever pulled was a little over 270 at around 260 BW. My all around grip was never stronger than when my RT was that high

Edited by Wes

Way to pull it Wes - Great Job!

• 3 weeks later...

Way to pull it Wes - Great Job!

Kelly! How you been doing?? Hadn't talked to you in forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xDAXZEIf4

That was at least 20 lbs over BW at the time when I in shape working outside for 70+ hour weeks as a kayak guide. The heaviest I ever pulled was a little over 270 at around 260 BW. My all around grip was never stronger than when my RT was that high

I feel sorry for your poor scale. That is a ton of weight you kept puting on it! :happy