Gripper Volume

JasonL

Hey Guys

Curious to know what volumes u guys prefer when working with the grippers for best results, I have read its best for high volume?

Jay

Read what the guys on the Monster Mash chart. Most don’t mention their training but Heath Sexton and Tim Struse had good input on volume.

A lot of guys seem to like low volume and high intensity. I have read the opposite too. I think genetics are different so every one has to try it all.

I don't know if you're interested in MY volume...but I do high volume for 3 days straight...then 3 days off...then low volume for 1 day...then 3 days off...then start over...so I really do both in the course of a week...which equals 4 workouts in a 7 day period...I've been going like this since mid January of this year and so far haven't plateau'd...hope this helps.

Edited by Frank Pizzo

Closing your goal gripper is a 1RM, so compare a sprinter's training with that of a distance runner

my2c

My reco for what it's worth:

- When you start training with grippers, a low volume (~2 times a week, 3 sets of low reps) is more than enough to make quick progress while minimizing the risks of injuries

- Then, when you are able to CCS say a #2, start experimenting with the various training appraoaches you'll read about on this board (high volume e.g. KTA, being one of them)

My reco for what it's worth:

- When you start training with grippers, a low volume (~2 times a week, 3 sets of low reps) is more than enough to make quick progress while minimizing the risks of injuries

- Then, when you are able to CCS say a #2, start experimenting with the various training appraoaches you'll read about on this board (high volume e.g. KTA, being one of them)

what is Kta?

thanks

Closing your goal gripper is a 1RM, so compare a sprinter's training with that of a distance runner

my2c

nice sound advice here :mosher