The "key" To Success?

Gripper42004

I broke my first key just now ,("ILco" one side) I got it at a hardware store for 50 cents. I saw John Brookfield break two keys :bow like it was nothing & to him it was. Has anybody else ever tried to break keys?

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"

I once went to open a door and my key broke in the dead bolt lock like it was nothing. I had a hard time getting the door open. Never tried to do it on purpose, do you do it bare handed or with a cloth?

I tried it b-4 my workout bare handed it bent into a V but didnt break.After my workout I got it straight & then tried it with gloves & it broke kinda easy.

Do you also tear cards? If so how do you compare the difficulty of card tearing to key breaking? Was this your first key breaking attempt?

Edited by gollan

I've tried it once or twice (with a cloth). pretty awkward, but it seems to me that when the first bend is done, 80% of the work is done. Tom Black with your bending technique you should do good: the "fulcrum" seems to come a lot into play (at least the way I did it)

train hard

david

I did broke many keys a few years ago while I was working in a hardware store. I was the key maker and when I missed one, I broke it in front of the customer. Car keys are easier because they're longer. Weiser keys are pretty easy too.

After I read Tou's post, I wanted to try this out. I easily broke 4 car keys that were no longer any use to me.

It seems very simple-

Rick Walker :rock

There's a wide varience in key resistance to breaking, I haven't broken any yet but I've bent a few in 90 degrees...other's don't budge a mm all the results I get is a purple face and dents in my thumbs and finger sides.

Jon@han

Guest viking power

I was the safe opening instructor for the british master locksmiths association. As far as keys go there are lots of different materials used in the construction of 'keys' .

Would be very difficult to compare like for like. i guess with this it is just another grip exercise to play with , after all variety of exercises is the' key'