Grip Challenge

DATE: Saturday, June 4, 2011

SIGN-IN: 9:30am

RULES: 9:50am

START: 10:00am

1578 Mechanicsburg Rd.

Wooster, OH 44691

ENTRY FEE: $40

DEADLINE: Postmarked May 21, 2011. Paying on contest day, add $10.

WEIGHT Heavy Weight: >94kg (above 206.8 lbs.)

CLASSES: Light Weight: <94kg (under 206.8 lbs.)

Women’s

DIVISIONS: Open and Novice Divisions

EVENTS: Parallel Set Grippers

Max 2 Hands Pinch – euro device

Max Double Overhand Axle Deadlift

Medley ~ 25 objects

Wrist Roller from a tower

SCORING: Grip Sport percentage based scoring will be used.

The best performance in the event is awarded 100 points. All other lifters’ performances are divided by the best performance and then multiplied by 100 for their score.

For example if Lifter A lifts 350 lbs and this is the best lift in his/her division, he gets 100 points for his lift. If Lifter B lifts 320 lbs, his score is figured like so: 100 X 320/350 = 91.428.

AWARDS: Prize Package will be awarded to the top three finishers of each class.

MAKE ALL CHECKS/ MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO: Durniat Strength

MAIL ENTRY FORM AND FEE TO:

Andrew Durniat

1154 Mindy Lane, Unit A

Wooster, OH 44691

The medley will consist of qualifying lifts for Nationals. This will still be a Novice oriented contest but the weights in the medley for the 2" Vbar, rolling thunder will be at Nationals weights, 2"vbar @ 200# and rolling thunder @ 180#. I will also include the 50# blob, One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar @ 250#, 2-45s pinch, wrist developer level-5 gold.

If you need to qualify for Nationals, this will be a great event.

As also noted, the top finisher in each class receives and automatic bid to Nationals. If I can get 7 or more per class then it jumps to the top 3 get the automatic bid.

Andrew,Your the man! Your last Novice contest was great. Hope that a lot of guys come out to your next one.

Please stay after Big Tom and those guys,at "The house of Iron".

I know they will be there, as long as you give them a nudge!

Tom

Thanks again for introducing me to Grip! :mosher

Edited by tsg7

Andrew, Awesome the timing for the contest fits perfectly with my crazy schedule in June. I’m flying out the next day for my honeymoon so there will be no problem coming down. I’ll try to convince a few of the guys I train with up here to come down as well.

As a reply to your post “Grip Comps my opinion” is there anyway as contestants we could help to make the event run easier for you? Thank you, for putting this on.

Andrew, Awesome the timing for the contest fits perfectly with my crazy schedule in June. I’m flying out the next day for my honeymoon so there will be no problem coming down. I’ll try to convince a few of the guys I train with up here to come down as well.

As a reply to your post “Grip Comps my opinion” is there anyway as contestants we could help to make the event run easier for you? Thank you, for putting this on.

Excellent. We'll be happy to have you again. I hope you can get some others to compete as well.

Just staying happy and doing your best is all I ask as of the competitors.

I will see if the date is free if you need help for this one as well.

Andrew, have you had women novices sign up (or compete in earlier comps)? Just curious.

That would be great if you are free again.

Andrew, have you had women novices sign up (or compete in earlier comps)? Just curious.

No women as of yet. I hope to have a women's class at this comp. I know of a few wives and girlfriends that I'm trying to get to compete.

That would be great if you are free again.

No women as of yet. I hope to have a women's class at this comp. I know of a few wives and girlfriends that I'm trying to get to compete.

Andrew, how many wives and girlfreinds do you have ?!!! :yikes:whacked

• 2 months later...

Well - what happened?

Had a great time at Andrew's on Saturday. His gym is by far the most impressive strength training facility that I've ever stepped foot in. Met a bunch of great people there too. The contest was very well run, and PR's were set by many different athletes.

The best word I can use to describe my own performance is: lackluster. I was able to qualify for Nationals, but other than that, I didn't achieve any of the goals I had set for myself. Probably going to try and take a different approach to my future contest preparation.

Had a great time at Andrew's on Saturday. His gym is by far the most impressive strength training facility that I've ever stepped foot in. Met a bunch of great people there too. The contest was very well run, and PR's were set by many different athletes.

The best word I can use to describe my own performance is: lackluster. I was able to qualify for Nationals, but other than that, I didn't achieve any of the goals I had set for myself. Probably going to try and take a different approach to my future contest preparation.

Congrats - you did qualify for Nationals - that's certainly a noteworthy accomplishment!!!

Congrats - you did qualify for Nationals - that's certainly a noteworthy accomplishment!!!

+1 Congrats Todd!

Great job on Qualifying, Todd. That will happen. Some days are not your best, but you still attain personal victories.

Will you be coming to Nationals then?

I was really impressed with the contest. Andrew's gym has everything I can imagine, I wish I lived closer so I could train there. The event was really organized and everything went smoothly.

Everyone was really nice, made some new friends, and Andrew himself is very professional and a gentleman. I closed my first #3 and got a 10 lb PR on my 2HP. Most of the events were a first for me and I was happy to qualify for national as well. I am still undecided about going to nationals next month though, as I would like to spend more time improving on my weaknesses before another competition. I'm glad that I chose this for my first contest!

Bryan Gallagher

I was really impressed with the contest. Andrew's gym has everything I can imagine, I wish I lived closer so I could train there. The event was really organized and everything went smoothly.

Everyone was really nice, made some new friends, and Andrew himself is very professional and a gentleman. I closed my first #3 and got a 10 lb PR on my 2HP. Most of the events were a first for me and I was happy to qualify for national as well. I am still undecided about going to nationals next month though, as I would like to spend more time improving on my weaknesses before another competition. I'm glad that I chose this for my first contest!

Bryan Gallagher

Bryan - congratulations of qualifying for Nationals. As far as waiting until you are better - you could be saying that forever - you will always be getting stronger for hopefully decades to come. Come to Nationals!

Bryan, don't forget you will be competing as a novice, so you will be competing against other novices. Congrats on qualifying.

A quick rundown. I think we had the largest woman's class to date with 5 women and a woman's medley of 27 objects, men's medley had 35.

Open Class:

1) Andrew Durniat

2) Brent Barbe

3) Todd Coenen

Novice Class:

1) Malcolm Majesky

2) Matt Massaro

3) Bryan Gallagher

4) Brandon Gerber

5) Andrew Pantke

6) Keifer Pantke

7) Jobe Stutzman

Woman's Class:

1) Abby Kascandi

2) Mary Ann MacKeague

3) Amber Ingles

4) Kyle Barnes

5) Katie Pantke

It was great to have so many people come out. We started at 10am and finished everyone and awards by 4pm. I'm in the works to streamline the process even more for next year (Feb. 2012?).

I was happy to get some new guys qualified for Nationals; Malcolm, Bryan, Matt and I believe Andrew Pantke (he lifted the 2" Vbar at 203# in the medley so I will have to double check his last comp scores to see if that gives him the 3 lifts he needs).

Knowing that there will be a novice division at Nationals I hope to see all 4 of them there. Matt and Malcolm are physically close enough that I can drag them there if needed..:)

I'll get all scores and weights posted as time permits between clients.

Me and Abby had a great time on Saturday. Great competition and met some new people, always fun. I'm looking forward to grip nationals.

Awesome comp, Andrew and great job to everyone!

Had a great time at Andrew's on Saturday. His gym is by far the most impressive strength training facility that I've ever stepped foot in. Met a bunch of great people there too.

impressive is an understatement. that facility will give me wet dreams for the next three months! :D

How about some results and a writeup or two?

Novice Class Grippers:

Malcolm Majesky - 150.1

Matt Massaro - 126.39

Bryan Gallagher - 156.4

Brandon Gerber - 114.21

Andrew Pantke - 136.5

Keifer Pantke - 103

Jobe Stutzman - 103

Open Class Grippers:

Andrew Durniat - 179.34

Brent Barbe - 165.98

Todd Coenen - 156.4

Woman Grippers:

Abby Kascandi - 58.75

Mary Ann MacKeague - 64

Amber Ingles - 59.7

Kyle Barnes - 51.8

Katie Pantke - 51.8

Novice Class 2hp:

Malcolm Majesky - 191.18

Matt Massaro - 183.7

Bryan Gallagher - 171.26

Brandon Gerber - 193.78

Andrew Pantke - 173.86

Keifer Pantke - 148.74

Jobe Stutzman - 163.78

Open Class 2hp:

Andrew Durniat - 226.3

Brent Barbe - 217.78

Todd Coenen - 206.42

Woman 2hp:

Abby Kascandi - 101.12

Mary Ann MacKeague - 107.08

Amber Ingles - 101.12

Kyle Barnes - 70.92

Katie Pantke - 86.32

Novice Class Axle:

Malcolm Majesky - 356.38

Matt Massaro - 303.47

Bryan Gallagher - 329.93

Brandon Gerber - 296.86

Andrew Pantke - 250.56

Keifer Pantke - 250.56

Jobe Stutzman - 265.79

Open Class Axle:

Andrew Durniat - 422.52

Brent Barbe - 356.38

Todd Coenen - 336.54

Woman Axle:

Abby Kascandi - 184.42

Mary Ann MacKeague - 166.02

Amber Ingles - 166.02

Kyle Barnes - 138.13

Katie Pantke - 131.51

Novice Class Medley:(35 total objects)

Malcolm Majesky - 28

Matt Massaro - 25

Bryan Gallagher - 19

Brandon Gerber - 15

Andrew Pantke - 15

Keifer Pantke - 17

Jobe Stutzman - 14

Open Class Medley:(35 total objects)

Andrew Durniat - 35

Brent Barbe - 30

Todd Coenen - 25

Woman Medley:(27 total objects)

Abby Kascandi - 25

Mary Ann MacKeague - 24

Amber Ingles - 23

Kyle Barnes - 18

Katie Pantke - 18

Novice Class Wrist Roller:(8 total flags - 160# chain at top)

Malcolm Majesky - 6 flags

Matt Massaro - 8 flags

Bryan Gallagher - 8 flags

Brandon Gerber - 8 flags

Andrew Pantke - 8 flags

Keifer Pantke - 6 flags

Jobe Stutzman - 3 flags

Open Class Wrist Roller:(8 total flags - 160# chain at top)

Andrew Durniat - 8 flags

Brent Barbe - 8 flags

Todd Coenen - 8 flags

Woman Wrist Roller:(8 total flags - 80# chain at top)

Abby Kascandi - 8 flags

Mary Ann MacKeague - 7 flags

Amber Ingles - 7 flags

Kyle Barnes - 6 flags

Katie Pantke - 5 flags

Overall Standings:

Novice Class

Malcolm Majesky

Matt Massaro

Bryan Gallagher

Brandon Gerber

Andrew Pantke