Proposal?

Gripper42004

Would everyone be willing to stop useing grippers for two weeks? Starting this monday,no gripper use untill the third monday March 10th.

And then post about what happened? I did this once b-4 & it help'd me with the #3.I did the double sledge hammer squeeze/lift in place of the grippers.

I don't know if I could right now...I'm relatively new to them trying the trainer for the first time last fall. about 2-3days off is all I can handle right now. :laugh

Jon@han

I am not jonesing for anyone. I just went through 6 weeks and I almost died. I am braking PRs about ever workout and have reached two prediction already this year and I got ten more months. :yikes God is good!!

Right on, Bender53! Keep the momentum rollin!

Can't do it now...just got hooked on them. :D

-------------------------

"Live long,stay strong"

I recently gave a "trainer" CoC to my girlfriend, so she could share in my hobbies. Now she complains about palm and finger pain. I told her to stop playing with the gripper, and she exclaimed:

"No! Not until I close it!!!"

I think I'm going to marry this one. :D

I couldn't do it either... Two weeks is a long time.

Ok i'll stop grip training (except pinching where i'm vastly under-trained) for...ONE week (for a first try).

Let's meet next monday for the results (i'll try max reps with the #2 and to bend the Blue in less than 10sec in front of my webcam)... :happy:erm

I quit grippers for ONE YEAR due to a knuckle injury. During the year away from grippers I focussed on wide pinching and RT and wrists. When I started grippers again last month I discovered that I had lost very little in top-end strength but couldn't rep for anything. The endurance came back quickly and I have now closed a stronger gripper than I could before the lay-off. Muscle memory? Rest? Who knows?

Mike M.

Tommy-

I'll give it a whirl. :D It'll be tough, I love closing my grippers.

I don't have 2 sledges but I've got a ton of fencing wire and a pair of cutters. :rolleyes I haven't done wire cutting in a while. This will be interesting because the gague wire I have makes it very diffcult to cut with the cutters I have. I'd say it's harder than my #1 to snip off an bit of wire.

I don't think my crushing will drop at all. Right now I can close my #2 but I'm not consistant with it. I want to dominate it every time! I'll let you know how this gripper break helps.

-Erik

What about other types of grip work besides using the grippers?

Count me in! :)

The double hammer squeeze/lift works great.Gravity is awesome,you have to squeeze the two handles together to pick up the hammers.Pliar lifts are great,& cut'n wire.

Would love to!!! But I'm heading into phase 2 of the KTA, and am progressing mightily!!!!! But I am starting to forget what my hands felt like when they weren't tired all the time!!!

Mike

I have now gone five days without touching a gripper.

I now have my #3 in front of me. This is the gripper I certified with. I will now see if I can close it. Here it goes:

buhgwuiehqwiueryqpyqyherpwfpahrgfauhrgha;hrga;ghahsgfgalhg!!!!!!!

Just kidding! :) I was able to pin it shut for about five to eight seconds! Maybe there is something to this.... ;)

Well one week down one to go! I havent even touched them,not even the k-mart gripper"L cheepo"..The last time I did this the #3 went down.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"

Tommy-

Are you doing the double hammer squeeze to improve crushing during your gripper break? What else are you doing?

I've been cutting wire and doing plate curls, plate wrist curls, and some pinching.

-Erik

Erik,yep I'm doing the double hammer squeeze. & pliar holds,with a one arm deadlift & hammer curls. & holding a 1/4in diameter rope with weight.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"

Well I didnt last the whole two weeks.Yesterday "thursday" was grip day,after pinch grip,double hammers, & pliar lifts I gave a squeeze to the #4.My hands were wore out already but I got it down to 1/2in. On monday the 10th I'll try a freash squeeze. Not sure what will happen,I'll let ya know.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER" Tommy......

Well I had a good break from the grippers cause I was gett'n bored.I should have waited untill I hit a plateau with the grippers.The break didnt help much,plus I was doing a new one I came up with on a sledge hammer.I might have done to much but it is fun.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"