Mash Monster Markings

macaz

I received a Mash Monster #1 in the mail yesterday. It is marked on one handle 1W or M(upside down 1). I thought they had an M for Mash Monster but maybe it is a W for Warren Tetting. Any one know?

If it is upside down I think that is kind of cool (I'm not complaining).

Can you take a photo?

My guess is that it's M1 and you're holding it upside down...? :blush

Warren is like 80, though. Maybe he grabbed the "W" by accident. There certainly have been mistakes with his grippers.

Can you take a photo?

My guess is that it's M1 and you're holding it upside down...? :blush

Warren is like 80, though. Maybe he grabbed the "W" by accident. There certainly have been mistakes with his grippers.

I can take a photo tomorrow. The 1 is the only thing that I can orientate correctly for sure because it has the top and the base like this "1"

The M and W can go either way

With the 1 orientated correct it is a W1

Probably mismarked then. My replacement MM1 just showed up yesterday and is marked M1 like my last one was.

Well,

My mash 1 replica has the M or 1 marking upside down too! At first I thought that the replica's would have it like that, and the certifying originals would have them the normal way. But ofcourse that's not it.

My mash 2 has the markings the normal way.

RT.

Well,

My mash 1 replica has the M or 1 marking upside down too! At first I thought that the replica's would have it like that, and the certifying originals would have them the normal way. But ofcourse that's not it.

RT.

Added a picture:

1205401048_k3E47-L.jpg

Well,

RT.

Me and You are special I think.

Well,

RT.

Me and You are special I think.

hehe, Im sure we are!

Hey, the mis-printed upside down 'Jenny' (biplane) postage stamps are worth big bucks. Just saying... :)

gallery_19587_1236_69722.jpg

Here is my MM1....must have been made on a late friday

That is quite the photo. :online

Maybe the W stands for Winning. Winning, Duh!

Yeah, Warren is about 80 or maybe older. I think the stamp is the last thing to go on, so fixing that would mean removing the handle entirely. I visited his shop once and there were big bins of springs, and big bins of handles that were knurled and beveled, but no holes. So I think he drills them for the spring, then drills the mounting holes and pins them on, then stamps them.

That is quite the photo. :online

Maybe the W stands for Winning. Winning, Duh!

Yeah, Warren is about 80 or maybe older. I think the stamp is the last thing to go on, so fixing that would mean removing the handle entirely. I visited his shop once and there were big bins of springs, and big bins of handles that were knurled and beveled, but no holes. So I think he drills them for the spring, then drills the mounting holes and pins them on, then stamps them.

Yes it is quite a photo :unsure

I have to figure out the sizing issues when I post so it is not so IN YO FACE!!

I received a Mash Monster #1 in the mail yesterday. It is marked on one handle 1W or M(upside down 1). I thought they had an M for Mash Monster but maybe it is a W for Warren Tetting. Any one know?

If it is upside down I think that is kind of cool (I'm not complaining).

It's legit. Warren is all over the place with markings. Sometimes big stamper, sometimes small. Sometimes MM1, sometimes M1, and now sometimes W1 :yikes

That looks like an upside down "M", and not a W, in my opinion.

Agreed. Except if you look at where the markings are, it's clear that the M is correctly orientated and in the right spot, and it's the "1" which is upside down.

...not that any of this actually matters, but give me a chance to talk about grippers.... :D