Pinch Grip Training Questions

Broly

I have an ironmind pinch grip block that I use from time to time but feel like l'm not making any progress. I'll train pinch about once a week for about 3 sets of timed holds. Left hand I can do 35lbs for 12 seconds and right hand about 5 seconds. Should I decrease the weights for longer holds? Increase my training frequency? Maybe do 2 handed holds? Any advice to help with my pinch grip would be great, thanks.

I don't have the IM Pinch Block but I have the IM hub trainer. I made fast gains on that by using heavy weight and high intensity low volume work. I learned that from an experienced hub lifter here on the board.

I'm making decent gains with higher volume and intensity. Maybe try taking out the timed holds and work on increasing your weight and reps. If everything's going good on a particular day I can do 150 to 200 reps over 1 to 2 hours and then sometimes it just might be 3-5 singles and I'm done. You'll have to do some experimenting.

I have an ironmind pinch grip block that I use from time to time but feel like l'm not making any progress. I'll train pinch about once a week for about 3 sets of timed holds. Left hand I can do 35lbs for 12 seconds and right hand about 5 seconds. Should I decrease the weights for longer holds? Increase my training frequency? Maybe do 2 handed holds? Any advice to help with my pinch grip would be great, thanks.

Read Adam Glass' most recent blog entry!!!

I think there are a ton of articles at Diesel Crew's site as well.

Pinch Grip Article:

Plank Pinch

Pinch Grip Article Archive:

Pinch Archive

Prevent Thumb Tears

No More Tears

Crazy Block Weight Lift

Half 115 Hex - No One Else Has Ever Lifted This

Plate Pinching Article

Plate Pinching Basics

Powerball Training

Thumb Rehab / Prehab

That should get you started.

Jedd

Glad to help. I literally have hundreds of free articles between DieselCrew.com, TheGripAuthority.com, StraightToTheBar.com, TotalPerformanceSports.com and tons more that I have lost track of.

I also have a DVD on the Euro Pinch, if you're interested... :whistel

Thanks for the tips, I've got to say, I'm pretty new to the Gripboard but so far from what I've seen, I'm very impressed. It may not have as many members as some of those other big name ones but the quality from the members here is top notch. So far it's nothing but smart informative grip enthusiasts who are all just willing to share information so everyone can achieve their goals. I'm also on one of those other big forums that has all these major sponsors but it's filled with so much crap and people who have the biggest egos and instead of helping each other out it's more of a bash fest and a way to brag about who's better than who. Every now and then you get a few good reads and posts but for the most part it's crap.

We've got lots of good members here.

Make sure to ask questions when you have them and someone will all make sure you get the info you need.

Jedd

Do you think I can train my pinch grip similar to how I am training in the RRBT program? I did a short session with grippers and pinch grip today. The IM pinch grip block is open in the middle so I think from time to time I'll put on more weight than I know I can handle with one hand, use my other hand to help in the lift then remove it and try and control the weight as it goes down. I am also going to train with both hands as well as just singles.

You'd have to ask somebody using RRBT. I am not familiar with it.