Inch Training Db Handle

DanCottle

Hey I constructed a cheap loading db handle today.

I went to Home Depot and purchased

- 1 foot section of 1.5" plumbing pipe

- a 6 inch long threaded plumbing pipe with an outside diameter of 2 and 3/8" (4-5" of plumbing pipe would work too but it was more expensive)

I also used some tape and 2 part epoxy putty

I basically wrapped the tape around the smaller pipe so it would be a tight fit for the larger pipe and to keep it lined up straight to the other pipe. I then mixed up the epoxy and pushed it into the gap side between the two pipes to secure it.

I havent tested it yet but (hopefully, i didnt measure anything haha) it will hold 2 olympic sized plates on each side with a screw on collar.

gallery_19115_1233_186614.jpg

Wouldn't want that 4-5" piece to blow the $10 budget. J/K. Sweet setup. Load it up, take a pic and let us know how it works.

Ill try it out tomorrow. I'm going to estimate that I will be able to lift around 100 pounds and not much more as my max on my new rolling thunder is around 140.