York 50# Blob Lift

daniel reinard

Thank you Mr. Moyers for the quick sale and ship of the York 50# blob. I came home from work and found it on the porch. After some chalk and a couple attempts I got a few clean lifts. I don't own a scale (too skinny) so I had to run to a friend's house to borrow one. I've never touched a blob or block weight of any sort before but I have had good luck with general pinching. I'm pretty stoked to lift this out of the box. Anyone want to buy a blob?

good strong lift . you can keep going now adding weight to that thing before you decide to sell it but as time goes by they get harder to find . having to prove the weight of the blob and showing the plates match the weight to me was never an issue its too bad people have to prove it to the exact pound on every video we see on youtube

Thanks guys. I originally just wanted to borrow one to try it out but most don't want to part with such a valuable piece. Don't blame em. I'm gonna play with it for a while then pass it on for others to enjoy.

I already have a buyer.

I agree with the proof. Some people ruin it for the rest of us. That's why I went through the trouble of borrowing a scale.

That's awesome. Great job. Very nice paint job on that thing still! Looks very nice.

Brutal grip even though, as you said, you are skinny :)

Keep it up!

That's awesome. Great job. Very nice paint job on that thing still! Looks very nice.

Yeah, that thing was CLEAN when I got it. Looked new. I just rubbed in some chalk and gave it a few attempts. I still need to file the knub off. It was in the way of my fingers.

Now to add weight and work on a lift by the face and whatever people do with these things. A face lift seems crazy hard, my hands aren't that big.

Dan, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone your size getting the Blob on the first try; that is a stunning achievement! :rock

Thanks again guys for checking it out and the comments.

Bob, means alot. You're an inspiration, especially pound per pound.

nice to see another climber lift this on the firs try! very good! :rock

nice to see another climber lift this on the firs try! very good! :rock

thanks bro! Now onwards and upwards wit it.

just wondering, if you can reach the handle nub with your fingers while lifting it, how big are your hands?

just wondering, if you can reach the handle nub with your fingers while lifting it, how big are your hands?

The standard hand measurement that is used does not correlate to what you are asking. Thus my suggestion for years to use a different measurement that takes into account the ability to open the thumb.

Jedd

The standard hand measurement that is used does not correlate to what you are asking. Thus my suggestion for years to use a different measurement that takes into account the ability to open the thumb.

Jedd

Is that span, Jedd?

I think I lucked out here because my hand span is almost 1-1/2" longer than my hand length.

It's sort of span, but I think span goes thumb to pinky. What you want is thumb to end of middle finger or end of index.

For all I know they might be just about the same as wrist to middle finger...you know how some measurements on your body happen to be the same...Good point, Matt.

Jedd

Barbe705, my hand length is 7.75", and hand spread is 9.25". Not that big, but as I've mentioned before, I have flexible thumbs and lean hands so I think I get a good wrap from that.

Like Jedd says, the above measurements don't tell the whole tale.

Thanks Casey!

Just saw that your cleaning the blob already. . . . that redonkulous !! Great stuff !