Can You Lever An 8-lb Sledge?

Jedd Johnson

Guys I am running a weekly Grip Challenge at my website.

This week's feat is an 8-lb sledge lever.

I'd like to see more people get involved. I think it will be a good way to increase awareness of Grip both as a form of strength building and also for the Sport of Grip as well.

For more info, please check out this post on DieselCrew.com = > Week 4

It's really simple to do, and the winner gets a free shirt with a cool design. Still working on it, but it will be one of a kind.

Thanks and all the best with your training.

Jedd

8 lb Sledge no problem. Too bad I don't have a way to post a video. I'm trying to get one of those flip video things pretty soon though.

i won't be home til saturday and deadline is friday :/ lol

Jedd can I try with a 16lb Sledge? Its all I have to work with..

no ... you Ross, have to do it with a 20lber

What to pair with sledge hammer lever??? any ideas guys?? The guy who keeps winning does like 40 exercises in each vid to put it over the top... I guess I need to just start doing some random shit lol

Edited by NJgrip23

Jedd can I try with a 16lb Sledge? Its all I have to work with..

Sure Ross. I will allow it, but mention that the 16 is all you have.

Can someone explain why the lever is done like this rather than with your arm straight down and the sledge behind your back?

Because this is a vertical lever. You are describing a weaver stick lever. Two different movements is all. There are many sledge ovements that are possible. Thanks.

What to pair with sledge hammer lever??? any ideas guys?? The guy who keeps winning does like 40 exercises in each vid to put it over the top... I guess I need to just start doing some random shit lol

He may also have a larger following. Maybe add more friends on YouTube???

i won't be home til saturday and deadline is friday :/ lol

Mighty,

Do you have a camera on your phone? If so, take the vid at the hardware store and then upload it...?

8 lb Sledge no problem. Too bad I don't have a way to post a video. I'm trying to get one of those flip video things pretty soon though.

They are great. Or you can buy an old blackberry and film it, then upload it with a usb cord.

I can, but unfortunately I don't have an 8lb sledge hammer available :/

Just go to lowes or home depot and film it there lol, you wouldn't have to buy it.

Edited by PITTisKING

Not as easy. I live in the middle of nowhere and I am working 6:30am-5pm tomorrow, which is bad since all the shops decide to close then.

I would have no problem buying it, just that m time schedule only allows me to buy it at the weekend, but the challenge ends tomorrow.

There will be more challnges using sledge hammers so go ahead and get one this weekend.

You'll be glad you did because they are great for training.

Jedd