Bent A 160*6mm Nail In Less Than 10sec :)

amaury

A few weeks ago i tried to bend a 160x6mm nail (6.3"x0.24") , they are used to put through concrete it seems, and it took me around 10 minutes to U it. A bit more than the time i needed to bend the ironmind blue nail at that time. Today i decided to bend it in front of my webcam to see if it would help to decrease the time. And i bent it (from "straight" to U) in less than 10secondes at arm length :blink

So watch out Terminator here i come ;)

Just kidding: the red is another world, though i'm quite happy with my progress (i've been bending nails for less than 3 monthes) and it

seems that i've finally found something i could be good at !

Of course the video is available :tongue

I'll have to do the same with the blue nail now (but it won't be difficult since i find it easier).

Amaury.

Great job on the 60p Amaury. I agree that it is tough to find real 60p nails easier than the ironmind blue nail. Have you tried any 3/8" Aluminum stock yet? It is a nice progression from 1/4" HRS.

Robert

Thanks Robert ! :)

no i haven't tried the 3/8" Aluminum stock yet. I didn't know what to think about aluminium and what i should try to bend next so it's great information !

Amaury,

Congrats on the 60d !

I just had a titanic wrestle with a piece of 9" x 5/16ths

Brass,getting it into a S-shape. It took forever to bend

and snap.

You're doing really well for such a short time :rock

I will be joining you bending fellas SOON. I am going to finish an entire KTA cycle first-and hopefully the #3 will go from a gripper I can occasionally close, to a gripper that I can do strap holds with and close all the time-with both hands.

Then-I am going to focus on bending and really upping my wrist strength and possibly wide pinching.

Good job on the bend!!!

Rick Walker :rock

I've was e-mailing Strongman and letting him know of my progress and getting other information based upon his bending experience and the chart that he posts on his web page. He is real nice and thoughtful and gave me the advice to goto a 6" x 3/8" piece of aluminum. I found some at a Farm and Fleet and cut off various lengths. At 6", I beleive that the force needed to bend it is 270 lbs. The 6" piece took me a while to do on a repetitve basis (I refuse to use the word master). At first I had to brace, only a little. It was probably 2 weeks time (bending 3 x's a week) to be able to get the 6" piece 'U'ed without bracing. I also cut some pieces down to 5.75" in length and then 5.5" in length. The 5.5" did hurt and in fact I've given bending a rest for the past 2-3 weeks so that right now I don't have the pain in the outside of my hand that I had back in mid-January. Go slow and take little steps of progress as just that...........progress. I think I maybe was bending too much every week and always trying to gain a little bit more with each workout.

Bottom line is that you're doing a great job based on your progress that you've posted lately. Go with the 3/8" aluminum and give it a try. ;)

amaury,

Nice job! I am holding off bending until my gripper status has elevated substantially, if you know what I mean ;)

See my new thread. I would be interested if you participated!

Fantastic Amaury! Jukging from the video you sent me, you're not a big man, which makes your feat all the more impressive. What are your physical dimensions? You're built like me before I gained 30 pounds. Again, congratulations!

Thanks Eric !

Well you're right i'm fairly lean: 5"11 and around 172lbs with 12" forearms (12.20 for the right to be precise). I'm slowly gaining weight as the weights i use in the gym rise, my goal being 180lbs very cut.

Thanks for asking it John, but i'm not sure it's worth it !

There are many guys on this board that can bend that kind of nails (no way for it to be world class) but no PB if wanna is OK. It's 4.43Mo but i can cut it to 3Mo even if you wouldn't see me unwrap the nail and show it bent.

PS: of course i can send you the video if you want to compare techniques (i know you also bend 60D ;) ).

BTW, it is time to go to bed here in France so i won't be able to post anything before tomorow (well, before 10 hours more precisely :) )

Edited by amaury

I have bent recently a regular 60 d, but I cut off the head and point. This reduced it to 5 1/2'' Harder to bend but less painful. I have also cut from a length of 1/4'' steel rod pieces of varying length from 6 to 8''. I find these easier than actual nails. I do not bend nails often as I am too delicate. ;)