Closed My #3

astrojetred

Title says it. Took a few days off, then went for it. No chalk, just whatever residue was on the handle. Took about a 20-30 minute break, chalked up my hand and tried to get a video. Nothing. I can't seem to get feats like this on video, at early stages. Mental I guess. 

I'll give it a month, and hopefully it won't be situational. As someone once said, you aren't ready for a cert, unless you can be torn out of a deep sleep in the middle of the night, thrown the gripper, and shut it with ease. 

I had the same problems with the #2. 

I know claims as such usually require video proof, so I'll update this threat as soon as I get it.

It was a tough close. There's a pretty large gap between it and my #2. When my buddy got his #2, it was considerable easier that my #2. I assume my 2 is pretty beefy.

My #3 has a 3" spread. Idk if my tough grippers are a curse or blessing, lol. Once I get the #3 cert, I'm buying the #4. Fingers crossed it's a super easy one! Haha

CONGRATS MY FRIEND ON CLOSING THE #3, IT IS A GREAT RUSH ISN'T IT! :mosher

CONGRATS MY FRIEND ON CLOSING THE #3, IT IS A GREAT RUSH ISN'T IT! :mosher

It was bitter sweet. Its weird I don't feel stronger. It hasn't really transferred over to say 'hand shake' strength, which I think is a more practical and a more rewarding strength.

I guess it's my fault since I don't train armwreslting or anything else but a squeeze on the three every other day. Life's been catching up lately.

Well, congrats on your achievement! :mosher Hey, it took you a long time to even get this far, so if the handles touch for the first time, don't expect the next time to

mash it! Your body just won't grow that much stronger all of a sudden. I fell for the same trap. Take your time! And for filming, if you don't have to watch your hand to

keep it still, you can swing it all around and grunt, push and all to get it closed. When you have to watch your hand and keep it still, closing your #3 is another thing. I closed my #3 the first time somewhere around juli last year and although my sweep is getting stronger, that final closing part of the #3 still can bug me sometime,

depending on how much training I did.

Edited by Geralt

Congratulations on the #3 close. I also have a harder time when filming closes vs. when the camera is off.

Congratulations on achieving this milestone!

Congratulations on achieving this milestone!

Good work! I filmed all my reps for a few workouts to get the hang of filming. Warm ups, negatives, misses, etc...

Congrats Brother!!!!!

rico

Wow, thanks everyone for the support:)

And thank you for the tips on filming:)

Once I get it on film, I think I'll buy the 4. Not to discredit .5, but I've never touched one. I'm just gonna go straight for the #4, and knowing I went from #2 to #3 will encourage me that I can do it!

I'm really curious about the gap between the 3 and 4. I will close the 4. There's no reason at all why I shouldn't be able to. It's just a gripper:) besides there's people who can't even use their hands anymore, so this is for them! Haha

Wow, thanks everyone for the support:)

And thank you for the tips on filming:)

Once I get it on film, I think I'll buy the 4. Not to discredit .5, but I've never touched one. I'm just gonna go straight for the #4, and knowing I went from #2 to #3 will encourage me that I can do it!

I'm really curious about the gap between the 3 and 4. I will close the 4. There's no reason at all why I shouldn't be able to. It's just a gripper:) besides there's people who can't even use their hands anymore, so this is for them! Haha

Congrats!

A warning though. When you get the 4 you will need more encouragement than knowing you went from 2 to 3.

The gap between 3 to 4 is on another planet. It's no Sunday ride. If you do it for those people who can't use their hands anymore and really mean it you might have a chance.

Good luck!

Oh I'll do it. It make take a while. Like i said I just do a few squeezes here and there, and if that got me a close on the #3, I will close the #4.