Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge

Jedd Johnson

I am trying to increase awareness of Grip on my YouTube channel by holding a weekly Grip Feat Challenge.

I post a certain feat to do, people do the feat, post it to YouTube and then I put all the videos on the Diesel site for people to vote on.

If you'd like to participate, here is the video for this week's challenge:

Just something fun for everybody. A lot of guys are participating and having a good time. I hope more people from this forum will participate as well.

Thanks!

Jedd

cool feat jedd i would do it but i don't have 4 tens:( haha. Maybe the next feat:)

It's a great idea and an interesting weekly contest! I'll try to repeat what I did yesterday - except for get it on video this time.:blush

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is this week's challenge:

http://www.dieselcrew.com/hanging-from-bar-for-supporting-grip-strength

Rules Reminder:

1. Every Sunday, check DieselCrew.com to see what the Grip Feat is for the week.

2. Shoot a video of yourself by the following Friday completing the feat.

3. In the video, you must include the following phrase: “I’m ____________, and this is my video for the Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge at DieselCrew.com.” Hit the feat and upload it to YouTube!

4. Email me at jedd dot diesel at gmail dot com with the link to the video. I must receive the email with the video link no later than 8PM EST on Friday.

5. I will post all of the videos that qualify here on the Diesel site. My goal will be to post all of the videos I receive by Saturday at 8PM, EST.

6. Viewers at the Diesel site will leave comments, deciding who has the best video and who should win a prize. Voting will continue until Sunday at 8PM, EST.

7. Whoever is voted “Best Video” for the Weekly Grip Strength Challenge, will receive a special limited edition Diesel prize. What is it exactly? You’ll have to take part in order to find out!

8. Videos can not contain anything that may be offensive to Diesel readers. Getting pumped up is fine, but you WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED if you use racial, ethnic, sexual slurs and things like this. We do reserve the right to disallow a video if we deem it inappropriate.

I know you guys have access to a chin-up bar. Let's get more videos done and let's spread the word about Grip Training!

Jedd

Week 10 - Stool Lifting

Who's the man?

Can Anyone Beat Josh McIntyre in the Diesel Grip Strength Challenge???

This week's challenge:

Let's see some awesome videos!

This week's challenge - Plate Hula for Reps:

Who is the best Plate Hula'er?

Jedd

• 5 weeks later...

Here is this week's challenge:

Video submissions are due Friday by 8 PM EST.

Here is this week's challenge, a sledge hammer deadlift...

This week's challenge is the One Hand Dumbbell Snatch.

Submissions are due to me by 8 PM EST on Friday May 13th.

• 2 weeks later...

This week's challenge is a Barbell Snatch (one handed).

Announcement for Grip Sportists: http://www.dieselcrew.com/barbell-snatch-grip-strength-triple-extension

Hey, who wants to get a wild card for Nationals this year? If you couldn't make a comp and get qualified, then you will have a wild card chance each of the next four weeks with the Weekly Grip Challenge.

Watch the video above to find out more.

No excuses for not getting qualified, IF you've been putting the work in...

Jedd

Wild Card, baby. Two Hands Pinch. Who is going to take the title this week?

This week is Block Set Grippers.

Please go to the site to view the video: http://www.dieselcrew.com/block-set-grippers

The video is very long, but the way I posted it at my site you only have to watch it after the first two minutes.

Thanks.

Jedd

• 1 month later...

This week's grip challenge - Plate Curl for Reps

I need the submissions by 8PM on Saturday night this week.

It's time to flip those grippers over, dudes. Inverted Gripper Closes for Reps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_EzfRxAo4

Good Grip Challenge Jedd!:mosher I have a lot of work to do and have no doubt we'll see some huge performances on this (like all of them) week's grip challenge. I originally filmed myself inverted TNS closing my 146lb #3 but I BARELY got it. Looked so hesitant and weak that I figured that wouldn't earn me any points. So I did some work with my #2. My #1 is loaned out. Actually, I have 3 different #1s loaned out to various people. I need to start keeping a library card-type system to remember who I've loaned my grippers out to.:rolleyes

Did everyone see this week's challenge? The prize money is now up to $200!!!

Let's see some people step it up for this challenge. Or couldn't you use a little extra cash:?

My first bend submission:

Gr8

Excellent bend Jason!

Thanks buddy. Going to try some 5/16" tonight :-)