Single Stamped Coc #3

steve0

I have a single stamped #3 that I can get closes on. Generally, are these easier or the same as the newer #3's. I know that this is hard to say without callibrating but just looking for a guideline as I want to capture a close for a MM0 cert.

Generally the same. There is variation from any era of gripper. The only way we could make a better generalization about your gripper would be to have it in hand.

As far as the MM0 cert, if it's any #3, it counts!

• 1 month later...

I have a single stamped #3 that I can get closes on. Generally, are these easier or the same as the newer #3's. I know that this is hard to say without callibrating but just looking for a guideline as I want to capture a close for a MM0 cert.

Steve, did you ever get that #3 close on video?

If not (shameless plug, haha) you could drive (yeah, I know it's about 13 hours one way!) to the KC Qualifier II in May and just certify on a bunch of stuff with us witnessing. Pull 200lbs or more on the FBBC 2" vbar and get on the FBBC list. Or pull enough weight on the FBBC 1" vbar and get on the FBBC list too. Bend some FBBC steel to get on the FBBC lists. Heck, you can get hands-on bending instruction from at least 3 elite benders that will be there (me, Josh Dale, and Scott Harris) and jumpstart your bending like crazy. Josh and I both have 146lb #3s that you could get some closes on and compare to your #3. Plus there's going to be a pretty wide range of rated grippers there to test yourself on.

I know this isn't a financially feasible offer. But the offer to stay at my house the night before and the night of the contest is on the table if that'll help sway you a bit. That would save you at least the cost of a hotel. Plus you'd get the chance to get hands-on instruction and tips on everything in the contest.

-Pretty priceless in my opinion to get gripper tips from Josh Dale - a #4 contest closer!

-Bending tips from 3 elite benders.

-2" vbar tips from Josh and me - both of us pretty decent 270lbs+ contest pullers.

-1" vbar tips from me and Josh - Josh has pulled well into the 300s with relatively little training and I devoted a ton of time to the lift and pulled over 400lbs a few times in training - but only 351lbs at my best grip comp in 2006.

-Euro Pinch advice and help from Josh would be helpful if you're like me and have a cruddy 2HP. He's in the 210lb range on the Euro.

-I saw your Rolling Thunder goal was 190lbs. I've got an old (new to me though) RT handle that's just waiting for you to pull 190lbs at the contest.

-There will be a few York Blobs (50lbers) there as well if you've wanted to give them a shot. And Josh is very strong on the blobs too.

-An official Apollon's Axle is going to be there too.

-Scott Harris is an excellent armwrestler and he'll have his armwrestling dungeon set up and ready to help others learn the sport. Scott's a great guy and is not out to hurt guys that don't know how to armwrestle. He truly wants to get others started in the sport that he loves.

Steve,

Just use that one. Three of the last four MM0 used a single gripper, I think. The MM1 and so on is where the controlled environment begins; it's where everyone is playing on the same field.

Ben,

If I lived anywhere near there......Mapquest had me at 12 hrs from central Alabama, thought it would take longer. It'd be cool to meet and train with y'all.

Ben,

If I lived anywhere near there......Mapquest had me at 12 hrs from central Alabama, thought it would take longer. It'd be cool to meet and train with y'all.

Dang, wish you were closer man!