Bbe Progress!

strongman2332

Making some great progress on this gripper! I am definitely feeling more comfortable with it... maybe a close in the next few weeks? who knows...

whats the elite rated at man? Keep at it and crush :)

whats the elite rated at man? Keep at it and crush :)

Im actually not sure :( i got it for x-mas so still need to calibrate it. It's a lot harder than my CoC#3 which I bought in 07-08 though. The #3 has only been closed about 20ish times, relatively new if ya ask me lol

Very strong attempt! :mosher

You use a specific gripper routine at the moment?

Thanks man!

Here is exactly what I do:

grippers

IM#2- 2LH/2RH for 2 sets

IM#2.5 filed- 2LH/2RH for 1 set

IM#3- 1RH/10mmLH for 2 sets(or more depending on how I feel. I literally just closed my #3 two weeks ago so trying to work with it a lot!)

BBE- 2 sets of either assisted closes or negs. (going to implement in strap holds to see what happens)

I end with a gripper that is moderately easier. I use either my 2.5 filed or RB240N wrapped in electrical tape for 5 reps.

Titans telegragh key

3-5 sets fingers on top and fingers on bottom. (I will add in single hand stuff depending on time restraints.)

random implement

Thumbbell DLs, IM hub lifts, IM pinch block lifts, etc.

circuit

One workout I go with a leverage bar, the second workout I'll use a heavy handle, and the third workout I will use my red rafter pinch in a circuit format. 3 to 4 exercises done without stopping, breaking inbetween sets. 3 total sets.

I finish my workout with rice digs usually. Yesterday I did a second circuit for the "cool down" which I actually really liked!

1. ring finger and pinky finger toss and catch with a ten lb. implement I made by taping 2 5lb weights together.

2. IM IMTUG #5 for ten reps each hand using only my ring and pinky finger

3. rice digs

repeated this 2x

This is my grip workout... I know it may seem a bit extreme but it has been working so I wont complain!

Your progress has been really fast. I've been stuck on the same gripper for months... :whacked

its rated at 300lbs man so like 170 if you're using the redneck calibrator method so it's almost like a 3.5:)

its rated at 300lbs man so like 170 if you're using the redneck calibrator method so it's almost like a 3.5:)

Wade posted a link to the GSS site where you can select the gripper and it tells you the average calibration based on a couple of testers' results. The Elite is listed at 171.73.

Man that CoC thing is weird. Good attempt!

yea its different but really helps me track progress! You should give it a try, it is only 10 bucks :)

Your progress has been really fast. I've been stuck on the same gripper for months... :whacked

hmm you should try switching it up! Instead of the warm up and working set/rep scheme suggested buy IronMind I would go with low rep warm ups. So if your stuck on the 2.5 for instance, as your warm up, hit your 1.5 for 2 singles of two sets. Make sure you allow for at least 1:30 between sets! bump up to the 2 for a single set of 1 then pick up your 2.5 and I bet you will be surprised!

let me know whatcha think :)

Saxon, I must say.... my 3.5 is much harder then my BBE... I can barely set it! I can understand the 170 rating on the BBE but the 3.5 I have?? I'd say 180+ :blink

well for center pressure its 25lbs more and yea i just though about it it would be 180 plus unlike the bbe which is just over 170 but in between the 3 and 3.5 anyways haha

haha yea the 3.5 laughs at me! its terrible... I hope to at least start doing strap holds with the 3.5 just to become accustomed to the width. but who knows.. I need a bigger strap from IM lol they need bigger MM measurements!

you'll be closing that gripper in no time mate. Looks like you would of hit 5mm, the ironmind key put you off a bit.

Terry, I could be completely wrong with the measurement... I thought I counted the MMs right but who knows ha I am not familiar with MMs

how large is the gap for the 3.5?

ok my estimate is 3 1/4- of course its an around about.. not exact!!

Very strong attempt! :mosher

You use a specific gripper routine at the moment?

Thanks man!

Here is exactly what I do:

grippers

IM#2- 2LH/2RH for 2 sets

IM#2.5 filed- 2LH/2RH for 1 set

IM#3- 1RH/10mmLH for 2 sets(or more depending on how I feel. I literally just closed my #3 two weeks ago so trying to work with it a lot!)

BBE- 2 sets of either assisted closes or negs. (going to implement in strap holds to see what happens)

I end with a gripper that is moderately easier. I use either my 2.5 filed or RB240N wrapped in electrical tape for 5 reps.

Titans telegragh key

3-5 sets fingers on top and fingers on bottom. (I will add in single hand stuff depending on time restraints.)

random implement

Thumbbell DLs, IM hub lifts, IM pinch block lifts, etc.

circuit

One workout I go with a leverage bar, the second workout I'll use a heavy handle, and the third workout I will use my red rafter pinch in a circuit format. 3 to 4 exercises done without stopping, breaking inbetween sets. 3 total sets.

I finish my workout with rice digs usually. Yesterday I did a second circuit for the "cool down" which I actually really liked!

1. ring finger and pinky finger toss and catch with a ten lb. implement I made by taping 2 5lb weights together.

2. IM IMTUG #5 for ten reps each hand using only my ring and pinky finger

3. rice digs

repeated this 2x

This is my grip workout... I know it may seem a bit extreme but it has been working so I wont complain!

Thanks for sharing this bro!