Secret Weapon Pound Calibration

MIGHTYSAXON

Hey everyone. I was wondering what the conversion rate is for actual poundages on the secret weapon machine to gripper pounds of pressure? Thanks

I think it's nearly impossible to calculate, since the secret weapon requires a constant force, while the grippers are harder in the final phase than in the beginning. The only position where these 2 are even comparable is when they are fully closed. Even then, it depends on the ratios of the secret weapon. With that being said, I would say that the secret weapon from grippersuperstore.com has about 2 to 1 ratio. The most I've done on there is about 75 lbs, fully shut and beyond the range. I would estimate that to be about (maybe slightly easier) than an average #3 (around 150 lbs on RGC). I think that's about as close as you can get of an estimate, though the feel of these two is very different and is really like comparing apples and oranges.

o ok thanks man 2 to 1 sounds about right since i can close a number three and barely close 90lbs for three on it:) but thanks man

Hee...Agreed with Ottoemezzo. I made one myself and had trouble keeping it closed with 15/20 kgs on it...plus, I haven't filed the handle which also will make a difference. Will be doing that soon though. My leverhandle is very long, so the leverage is huge when using just small weights. Just go with it how it feels I would say. Training with a device in this manner is in my opinion an long road of experience. I think I will use it in the future

for static holds and negatives opened to max parallel, otherwise the stress on the ligaments can be huge with this thing.

Edited by Geralt