315 Hook Dead

DanCottle

Hey guys I got my PR goal of 315 tonight. Previous best was 275 a couple weeks ago. My thumbs are getting used to it. One arm no hook best with a dumbell is 180 I believe.

Hermann Goerner im after you!

Very nice Dan! How much do you weigh man? You look pretty light - which makes the lift even more impressive.

I'm right around 170 at the moment.

Very good. Do you do any one-hand deadlifting without the hook? It will help you be able to maintain a tighter hook the stronger you are without a hook. Not saying to drop the hooked pulling though since that's your goal.

I'm right around 170 at the moment.

Very good. Do you do any one-hand deadlifting without the hook? It will help you be able to maintain a tighter hook the stronger you are without a hook. Not saying to drop the hooked pulling though since that's your goal.

Yeah i do it with dumbells though usually and work up to around 170-180 dbs. they are awkward though cause they are so big. Its funny i can do more with one hand hook grip than my double overhand on an axle which my max is like 300

try one hand deadlifting without hook on an axle it'll shoot ur grip strength right up:) lol

That's very impressive. I can do my own bodyweight (just. And I weigh about 70kg ~ 154lbs). Double bodyweight is a tremendous goal, but you look like you will achieve it. Good luck!

djukac I have not maxed out since I started dead lifting again. But Im guessing my max with 2 hands is somewhere around 380-400.

I shoulda brought my camera today! I got a huge PR in rackpulls with an axle using mixed grip. Previous best was 540 for a couple seconds I believe.. Today I held 630 for a good 10 seconds and then did 680 for like 5 seconds!!! Thats 4x my bodyweight

I shoulda brought my camera today! I got a huge PR in rackpulls with an axle using mixed grip. Previous best was 540 for a couple seconds I believe.. Today I held 630 for a good 10 seconds and then did 680 for like 5 seconds!!! Thats 4x my bodyweight

That's strong amigo. :mosher

18" pull or...????

No it was prob somewhere around a 6 inch pull. I dont think I could do 18 inches with that weight. The focus was my fingers not back.