That Was Dumb

EricMilfeld

I remember the day I was browsing through Powerlifting USA, back in 91'. There I found the original ad for the CoC grippers. "Wow", I thought, "only one man has closed this thing." Of course, I would be number two, after all, I had never lost one those 600 pound deads due to my grip. Well, the heavy stainless steel paper weight arrived. "Surely there has been a big mistake made", thought I. I don't have to tell you how frustrated I grew over the course of the next few weeks, after which I finally admitted defeat. But, with no seasoning of the gripper, no grip training on my part (didn't know what that was), and no set with the gripper, I managed to close the Taunter onto the width of a nickel (3/4 inch). Then a few months later I threw it away. Yes, you read correctly. Shoot me now. Boy, what I'd give to have it back, and try and close for comparison with the only other #3 I've ever touched!

It could have been worse you could have been doing chins with straps at a body weight way below 200lbs back in 91 :blush

But yes that is a tragic tale

Jon@han