Rovery Tool/loading Pin

Geralt

Hi guys, first of all, merry christmas to you and your families!

Second, sorry for the wrong title, it should've been 'Recovery tool' but I couldn't figure out how to change it afterwards.

Thought of sharing this, it's my way of trying to overcome an very irritating injury.

I read in several articles and heard from my sports doctor that taking complete rest is not a good thing to do. Inflammated tendons need to get stronger and are only helped in getting stronger by a good bloodflow. I've stopped my weighttraining and griptraining because I want to get rid of this injury now. I've come up with the following to do and it feels very good! Off course, it isn't something completely new, but it feels very good afterwards and man does it give a good training. I had a lot of reactions in the goerner reborn forum on bicep tendonitis (which they thought it was first, but I think it's in my lowerarm) so there must be a lot of guys over there that have problems with this kind of injuries. It's the principle of training the extensors of the lower arm in every angle possible, I guess it's the same result in the end as leverage work with a big hammer, but I feel this thing is more easy to handle and doesn't cost you any furniture in the proximity of the workoutspot. Basically I've put an old dog leash on my loading pin. Simple as that. I've racked it up with app. 12 lbs. Then I rest my lower arm on the edge of the table so that my hand is over the edge. I then put my hand trough the strap and very slowly train my extensor by curling the weight. Wrist curling basically. What I really feel that gives a good burn is grasping the strap and then twisting the hand from 'extensorcurl' postition to wristcurl position and back. I do this till I can't handle the burn anymore. What I've noticed is that I've been training on big grippers, but training this way shows me now how weak my wrist and lowerarm actually is, considering how low the weight is and how good a workout this tool gives. I noticed that when doing the twisting work, it precisely hits my injured spot, so maybe this is a good start to healing up and maybe getting back with a vengeance stronger in my certification quest. Maybe someone can put this to use in his situation. The feeling is very much different for me compared to doing this with a dumbell, the fist is now more naturally closed. Photo in my gallery.

All the best and enjoy the holidays!

Edited by Geralt

Sounds like a great way to smash those extensors! Also try rice digs and sand digs ( a bucket filled with rice or sand) smash the fingers into the stuff, explode the hand open for reps. Dear lord will your arms feel a terrible burn! I will try this leash idea, I will also try using my eagle loops in the fashion, I think that would also do the trick! Good luck with all that you do and happy holidays! :yikes

Funny thing you mention those eagle loops from IM, I was just thinking about that. Sure, I think those would do just fine.

Good luck 'smashing' those extensors! And thnx for the rice tip.

Hi guys, first of all, merry christmas to you and your families!

Second, sorry for the wrong title, it should've been 'Recovery tool' but I couldn't figure out how to change it afterwards.

Thought of sharing this, it's my way of trying to overcome an very irritating injury.

I read in several articles and heard from my sports doctor that taking complete rest is not a good thing to do. Inflammated tendons need to get stronger and are only helped in getting stronger by a good bloodflow. I've stopped my weighttraining and griptraining because I want to get rid of this injury now. I've come up with the following to do and it feels very good! Off course, it isn't something completely new, but it feels very good afterwards and man does it give a good training. I had a lot of reactions in the goerner reborn forum on bicep tendonitis (which they thought it was first, but I think it's in my lowerarm) so there must be a lot of guys over there that have problems with this kind of injuries. It's the principle of training the extensors of the lower arm in every angle possible, I guess it's the same result in the end as leverage work with a big hammer, but I feel this thing is more easy to handle and doesn't cost you any furniture in the proximity of the workoutspot. Basically I've put an old dog leash on my loading pin. Simple as that. I've racked it up with app. 12 lbs. Then I rest my lower arm on the edge of the table so that my hand is over the edge. I then put my hand trough the strap and very slowly train my extensor by curling the weight. Wrist curling basically. What I really feel that gives a good burn is grasping the strap and then twisting the hand from 'extensorcurl' postition to wristcurl position and back. I do this till I can't handle the burn anymore. What I've noticed is that I've been training on big grippers, but training this way shows me now how weak my wrist and lowerarm actually is, considering how low the weight is and how good a workout this tool gives. I noticed that when doing the twisting work, it precisely hits my injured spot, so maybe this is a good start to healing up and maybe getting back with a vengeance stronger in my certification quest. Maybe someone can put this to use in his situation. The feeling is very much different for me compared to doing this with a dumbell, the fist is now more naturally closed. Photo in my gallery.

All the best and enjoy the holidays!

Nice creative work you got going there :tongue thanks for the new tip on extensors and good luck