First Post

paulygirl

Hey All

Just wanted to introduce myself before posting my first question.

I'm a rather old former athlete and now coach fastpitch softball. I've coached at all levels including a recent stint at NCAA D-I. I specialize in fastpitch pitching instruction and have had some decent success with students. I have really had my interest peeked lately regarding grip strength as it relates to pitching and hitting. I do a lot of experimenting and data collection in my unending quest to know more of how the body functions during athletic movements and specifically as it relates to pitching; speed, spin, control, and endurance.

My daughter pitches in the National Pro Fastpitch league----she has a recent history of finger injury. Last preseason she added a new grip strength exercise that did some exceptional things for her. I'm hoping to validate some of the thoughts I have relative to the benefits of grip strength training.

Looks like you have a great site here so I hope to become better educated and pass some knowledge along.

Thanks

Rick

Well, I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. Don't hesitate to redirect me.

I am looking for any info or data that relates to grip strength and pitching. I prefer it be fastpitch softball related but will certainly be interested in baseball info also. Like all coaches/parents I chase the "holy grail" of how to throw faster. But in reality it is location and movement of the ball that is more important. I am certain that grip strength can play a huge role in enhancing these important criteria. Any info is appreciated. Any suggestions on grip exercises and equipment would also be helpful.

As a side note, any info relative to grip strength and hitting is also welcome.

Look up Jedd Johnson, he is very into Baseball and he may be able to help u here.

Parris

Parris, thanks for pointing paulygirl my way. Much appreciated.

No prob Jedd, I knew you would be able to help.

Parris